SPC Senior Accountant - Accounting & Tax
ABOUT TMF GROUP
TMF Group is a leading provider of critical administrative services, helping clients invest and operate safely around the world. We provide legal, financial and employee administration through TMF Group’s teams in 120 offices.
DISCOVER THE ROLE
The Senior Accountant assists the Assistant Manager / Manager in daily deliverables to provide excellent service to clients. He/she may also be required to coach the junior staff in the department.
Key ResponsibilitiesSPC Accounting services
- Review and supervise client related accounting output produced by the team including: Monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for reporting clients
- Manage and supervise a team of 5-10 accounting professionals
- Review and assist in the preparation of statutory and non-statutory accounts for year-end for clients
- Liaise with clients, tax accountants & auditors
- Provide technical accounting update training teams’ staff on both an ad hocand scheduled timetable.
- Part of the job duties may also include acting as a statutory / representative director for select SPC client entities
- Responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of tax compliance matters with the support of the team, including: - Tax registrations for new clients - Corporate tax returns - Consumption tax return - Depreciable assets return - Annual information return - Deferred tax calculations - Providing final sign-off of all tax reporting prior to Public Officer or Tax Agent signature.
- Take the lead and sign-off on new client on-boarding process including; preparation of on-boarding plan, analysis and planning of operational needs, resources, implementation plan and client/TMF Group relationship protocols which achieve agreed client service levels.
- Establish and update procedures in relation to tax and accounting compliance services provided to clients, including ensure appropriate documentation on each clients’ specific requirements.
- Ensure client work is completed within budgeted time and report out of scope client work undertaken.
- Ensure clients are billed for accounting services on a regular basis including any out of scope work.
- Handle client complaints and dispute resolution and escalate to the MD where necessary.
- Ensure TMF Group internal compliance procedures are adhered to for all new clients.
- Supervise day-to-day work of staff including; workload balance, client assignment and other activities as required.
- Conduct periodic staff performance appraisals to; evaluate performance, Identify; skill gaps and training requirements, career development plans, skill gaps and training requirements.
- Conduct performance management of staff including but not limited to;informal and formal warnings, investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Degree Holder in Accountancy or business related disciplines;
- Bookkeeping 2nd or USCPA holder
- Over 5 years relevant experience at Accounting firm or relevant Outsourcing field is preferred;
- Experience in accounting/payroll and banking procedures;
- Sound knowledge of international accounting and banking practices;
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (e.g. Vlookup, IF, Pivot for Excel);
- Preferred experience with accounting software (e.g. Bugyo, SAP, Dynamics, Oracle);
- Good command in both spoken and written Japanese and English (TOEIC 750 or above);
- Pursuing or qualified in Local professional examinations.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS (JOB BAND 3 COMPETENCIES)
- Generates ideas for improvement based on past experience
- Understands personal development areas and is driven to “bridge” gaps
- Will ask relevant questions to improve business awareness/knowledge
- Is aware of client contracts & what is W.I.P. / “out of scope”
- Able to work under direct supervision
- Strives for high standards of delivery to clients
Commercial Awareness / Financial accountability
- Understands TMF Group’s services, and how the organisation is structured
- Understands and applies control, risk and governance frameworks consistently
- Records time accurately and within deadlines
- Is involved in or responsible for debt collection in his/her area of responsibility
- Is mindful financially of personal impact on business
- Builds and maintains relationships at all levels across the Group
- Is mindful of culture differences across a diverse organization
- Communicates information in a clear and concise manner
- Manages stakeholders' expectations with regards to delivery, escalating concerns as appropriate.
- Puts colleagues / clients at the centre of everything they do to ensure a positive experience
- Acts with integrity
- Upholds the values of the organisation in all they do
Trustworthy team member who considers those around them
Applications close: 31 Oct 2022 Tokyo Standard TimeFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.