OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Audit Associates work under the supervision of Senior Associates on particular engagements. Their main responsibility is to prepare the working papers in accordance with the firm and professional standard, as delegated by the senior. Their primary job is to ensure that they deliver quality services on a timely basis.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Overall responsible for the audit as an in charge for medium and small clients. In case of large clients, act as semi senior.
- Mentoring of Associate 1 and 2, trainees & assist them with the office orientation
- Involved in planning and strategy of the audit
- Monitoring budgets of the engagements
- Reporting including annual financial statements, managements letters, key features memoranda, etc.
- Ensuring that all review notes are cleared
- Analytical review of full financial statements
- Consolidations (specific high risk areas)
- Follow through to finalisation
- Audit administration
- Client relations – interaction with client staff
- Preparation and updating of system documentation
- Preparation / completion of general file documents
- Analytical Review (AR) of financial statements
- Specifically focused on audit of key financial statement captions e.g.
- Accounts payable (AP)
- Accounts receivable, excluding the evaluation of the provision for doubtful debts
- Fixed assets, excluding the assessment of capital work in progress and fixed policies when these audits are complex and more risky
- Inventory, including the evaluation of the obsolescence provision
- Investments, excluding complex financial instruments
- Coaching, review and delegation of work performed by team members & ensure that the engagement reviews are completed within the given time
- Updating of system documentation
- Clearing review notes raised by the job in charge and mangers. Prior to management review conduct a thorough check on the working papers
- Develop industry knowledge to complement functional skills
- Compliance testing, including system work through
- The audit of the client’s statutory records, internal controls and consolidated accounts
- Attending stock counts and the follow up of the counts
- Participates in the pre engagement planning, with team members and client staff when needed. Discuss client’s need/expectations, team roles, budgets and other things necessary to carry out the engagement.
- Understand the clients business, products, performance and accounting policies.
- Adhere to the KPMG code of conduct and all KPMG risk management policies and procedures
- Perform effective wrap-up of engagement, assisting manager/partner after leaving the field, clearing all review notes, assisting manager with report issuance/concurring review process, placing files to disks/network and complying with document retention policy, binding and filing work papers in the office.
- Bachelor in Commerce or Completed A levels or equivalent
- ACCA - Should have completed a minimum of 9 papers (F1-F9)
- CPA – Complete 2 papers
- ICAEW – Complete Professional Stage
Work experience requirements:
- 2yrs – 3yrs post graduate experience
- Knowledge in accounting concepts
- Computer Literacy
- Strong analytical skills.
- Customer Focus
- Mentors new team members
KPMG was established in the Lower Gulf in 1973 and has grown to over 1,300 professionals, led by more than 90 partners and directors, across six regional offices. Over the last 40 years, KPMG has worked with leading industry players across the region, helping identify and manage risks and capitalize on opportunities - making us a preferred professional services provider. We play a pivotal role in helping clients make their own success stories. At various stages of growth, our clients look to us for timely and independent advice. Our professionals are selected from a deep talent pool of industry specialists. They offer significant knowledge, local experience, and a client-focused approach – and are integrated into a network of professionals working with KPMG firms around the world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.