FAAS Senior Manager - Dublin and Cork
UKI Financial Accounting Advisory Services: Senior Manager
Location: Dublin and Cork
We have exciting Senior Manager roles available in EY’s market-leading Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team, working with some of the largest multinational and Irish companies in a role that also affords you the opportunity to work extensively with all of EY’s sub-services lines, including advisory, assurance and tax.
You will play a key role in driving growth by developing new and enhancing existing client relationships, leading highly skilled project teams and delivering a first-class customer experience through high profile engagements.
What is FAAS?
FAAS are the trusted business advisors to our client’s finance and reporting organisations, providing practical support and end-to-end business solutions in the areas of financial reporting, accounting and business transactions and financial control. FAAS is a client-facing service offering, focused on generating value-add relationships with our clients and supporting them with the continuous development of their finance functions. With an effective and efficient finance function now critical to successful business performance, our FAAS services help clients address the various challenges in their business. Our core service offerings include:
- Accounting and Reporting Services
- Transaction accounting, IPO and Capital Markets Services
- Finance Processes, Internal Controls and Analytics Services
- Treasury and Finance Support Services
- Climate Change and Sustainability Services
Our FAAS professionals combine technical knowledge with business and industry insights, assisting our clients to make informed strategic decisions, thus helping them gain a competitive advantage through better decision-making.
This role is based in Dublin or Cork, but you will be part of a 30+ person team across Ireland and a 200+ person team across UK&I. There are also opportunities to work on secondments and/or short-term projects overseas, supporting global EY teams. As a member of the EY FAAS team you will benefit from:
- Continual development and expansion of your knowledge and skills;
- Exposure to delivering solutions to clients undergoing diverse change; and
- A dynamic environment focused on building the best teams across EY’s service lines.
You will have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding transformative leaders who team together to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Delivering expert financial reporting and non-financial reporting and business solution advice to clients on a variety of issues including:
- Accounting change and technical accounting support under IFRS and local GAAPs;
- Deal structuring, acquisition support and transaction assistance;
- Group reorganisations; and
- Improvements to financial reporting systems, processes, risk governance and internal controls.
- Supporting the Financial Accounting Advisory engagement team in understanding the client's needs and expectations and that the work product is client-focused, clear, accurate and well-presented
- Reviewing of high-quality client deliverables including (but not limited to) project reports and analyses, technical accounting analysis papers, special purpose financial information, accounting policies documentation;
- Collaborating with the partner and client to determine a strategy that appropriately addresses risk and manages client expectations relating to deliverables
- Presenting results to senior team members and senior client leadership in a clear and concise manner;
- Overseeing engagement economics and manage appropriate resources for efficient engagement models
- People management, including:
- Leading teams and engagements in the delivery of technical accounting advisory projects;
- Managing and coaching team members; and
- Contributing to the delivery of highest performing teams.
- Business development:
- Gaining exposure to senior finance personnel who request FAAS support and assistance, building and maintaining strong relationships and developing meaningful C-suite networks;
- Understanding the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends and industry developments;
- Developing new business opportunities and working with broader EY teams and service lines to convert such opportunities into projects; and
- Promoting FAAS both internally and externally, articulating all FAAS services and the value that we bring to our clients.
What we look for
We’re looking for leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about accounting advisory and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to lead a team and develop business opportunities
- Knowledge of business trends, emerging technical and industry developments
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Able to manage multiple engagements and deadline-driven
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Accountancy qualified (ACCA / ACA / CPA / CA or Equivalent).
- A minimum of 5 years post qualified experience.
- Good understanding of IFRS and FRS 102.
- Strong technical writing skills and advanced risk management knowledge.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Proven ability to work on complex accounting issues and transactions and an ability to clearly articulate the advice in written deliverables.
- Proven experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on engagements.
- Good working knowledge of finance governance and reporting, finance operations, processes and internal controls.
- Demonstrated commercial awareness.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.