Accounts Manager, Accounting Compliance & Reporting Team - Newcastle
Are you bright, ambitious and business minded? Do you want to develop your career in a way that will challenge and reward you? Joining the Accounting & Compliance Reporting (ACR) financial services team is a great opportunity to build a career within EY.
The role in the ACR team is for an experienced Manager to join the Managed Services team.
Managed Services is one of our fastest growing areas and we recently opened a new modern office in Newcastle City Centre. Our expansion means there are opportunities within the team where you will gain hands-on experience of client work engaging on projects within accounting compliance & reporting.
This is an exciting opportunity to take the first or next step in your career with a continually evolving business. As an investor in people we offer excellent career development opportunities and you’ll be provided with full training and the opportunity to undertake industry recognised professional qualifications.
Join us now and you could grow with us and help us build a better working world. How far you go is up to you.
What is the ACR team?
The ACR team is a growing part of EY’s Newcastle Managed Services Centre of Excellence. Our focus is on the provision of “reporting support” to a broad portfolio of clients. That reporting support includes:
- Management reporting
- Statutory accounting (UKGAAP and IFRS)
- Regulatory reporting
As the team is growing at pace, the working environment is very dynamic and client and team needs can change from day to day. We want to employ people who will thrive on this. In addition to the Newcastle base, the team has a number of members who sit in other EY offices in the UK.
EY Financial Services Team
When you join EY Financial Services, you join a business that sees success differently. We believe that listening to diverse voices unleashes our most innovative thinking, thinking that can change millions of lives as we help our clients reshape the future of financial services. That's why we’re looking out for minds made differently. We welcome open, intelligent minds ready to work without boundaries to find better answers for today and tomorrow.
Your key responsibilities
- Primary responsibility for delivery of the services set out above
- Leading more junior member of the team, working efficiently, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel, whilst building strong internal relationships
- Maintain client confidentiality and ensure data security at all times
- Contribute to people initiatives including training, buddying with new joiners etc.
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrable good project management and time management skills – balance multiple priorities by considering importance, level of urgency and other dependencies.
- The ability to lead and motivate a team; manage, mentor and train more junior staff (including trainee and qualified accountants) and work with colleagues across the business.
- A real desire to develop your technical skills by working within our centre of excellence
- Assertive and proactive approach to the delivery/implementation of client engagements
- Ability to network effectively within large organisations and build relationships with individuals and clients
- Ability to utilise research effectively and explain complex subjects in a clear manner
- Ability to build strong client relationships and committed to delivery of exceptional client service
- A desire to take on responsibility; and
To qualify for the role you will have
- ACA / CA / ACCA qualified or equivalent (preferably first time passes) with relevant post qualifying experience
- Strong technical capabilities with experience of IFRS, UK GAAP and/or US GAAP gained within the reporting arena
- Proven ability to analyse and create innovative solutions to problems
- Effective time management skills and the ability to remain calm when meeting deadlines
What we look for
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Change orientated with flexible approach
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.