BBH Krakow Finance Internship
Are you looking to get hands-on experience doing real-world projects through an internship? Then you could be a future BBHer!
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens, and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
In return, we offer internship opportunities in an international and collaborative environment in one of our financial departments: Alternatives Accounting, Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting, Custody, Transfer Agency. While working side by side with experts and receiving an individual guidance from your mentor, you will have a chance to increase your knowledge and boost your career in finance.
What we offer:
- Paid internship which lasts 6 months
- Flexible working hours we adjust to your schedule
- Opportunity to be hired for a permanent position or to take part in a second internship in a different department
- Comprehensive onboarding program, mentoring program, and ongoing career development
- Modern office with an entertainment and leisure zone (i.e., ping-pong, billiards, PlayStation, library, and massage room)
- Multicultural, dynamic environment (36 nationalities)
If you are:
- Creative with excellent analytical and communication skills
- A student of minimum III year
- A person with passion for teamwork and success
- Good at project management
- Available min. 24 hours per week (Monday – Friday, between 8:00-18:00)
- Fluent English (B2 level or higher)
- PC proficient, specifically in MS Excel
You can join:
- ALTERNATIVES ACCOUNTING provides a wide range of services to funds investing in alternative assets, including real estate, private equity, debt funds, etc. These services include general ledger accounting, financial reporting, and asset supervision.
- FUND ACCOUNTING SERVICES consists of five core teams: Cash and Audit, Central Pricing, NAV Hub, and Trades who are responsible for producing daily, weekly, or monthly Net Asset Values (NAVs) for clients primarily based in Luxembourg and Ireland.
- FINANCIAL REPORTING is responsible for preparation, review, and delivery of financial statements in accordance with accounting standards, local regulations, and clients’ specifications. The team has a client facing role and services clients from all around the world; it is also responsible for completion of regulatory reporting and audit coordination from financial statements perspective in cooperation with “Big 4” companies. The team has exposure to different GAAPs, utilizes newest technology solutions allowing for process automation and works closely with many internal departments and external stakeholders.
- CUSTODY provides operational services to financial institutions in support of transaction processing and asset servicing, including account administration, corporate actions, foreign exchange, client service, funds transfer, and trade management.
- TRANSFER AGENCY provides operational and regulatory services to investment funds and their investors. The range of services include investor onboarding, anti-money laundering analysis and screening, transaction processing, cash processing and reconciliation of fund accounts, fund distribution services, trailer fees, client service with reporting and inquiry resolution.
Despite the current situation, we have a formal remote process in place. Candidate should be based in Poland.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.