Sales and Client Service, Officer
Who we are looking for
We are currently looking for an experienced Client Service Officer (Manager) to join our Client Service Team
Why this role is important to us
State Street Global Services, provides asset owners and managers with a wide range of support, from core custody, accounting and fund administration to complete servicing for complex alternative assets like OTC derivatives and private equity. We also deliver innovative performance measurement and analytics tools, giving our clients the information they need to make better-informed decisions. State Street is among the world’s leading institutional investment servicing providers.
State Street Global Services, provides the essential financial infrastructure for delivering effective investment servicing solutions globally. Our capabilities in asset servicing, operations outsourcing and analytics enable our clients to manage operational risk, optimize their cost structures, enhance the value of their services and act on growth opportunities – across all major markets. Our combination of consistency and creativity is what helps our clients face the future with confidence
What you will be responsible for
As Client Service Assistant you will
- Deliver highly valued services to clients to ensure quality services are consistently delivered to clients including but not limited to ensuring client queries are responded on a timely basis and responses are complete and accurate, initiative trackers are kept updated, client documentation is at all times complete and accurate.
- Support the client service Manager in servicing the client monitor metrics around inquiries being resolved at point of contact, and escalate unresolved issues to management as needed
- Keep management informed of new developments, service issues, and business improvement opportunities
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for on-boarding and other projects as required
- Drive relevant project work to improve client experience in interacting with SS.
- Where appropriate manage routine client calls
- Provide assistance on MYSS, both access and usage
- Ensure key client documentation is kept updated including Schedule A, SLAs, SI, PSAs, Trade cut off etc.
- Support Due Diligence questionnaires and presentations
- Support audit requirements
- Work with GD teams to ensure best practices are in place
- Generate ideas to enhance efficiency, reduce risk
- Work collaboratively with teams across State Street both locally, regionally and globally
- Review broad array of operating standards driving innovation and best practices
- Effectively deliver key messages & communication to ensure relevant parties are informed of client’s activities
- Assist with compliance/fiduciary reviews, controls, and audits as appropriate
- Sound risk and compliance controls with immediate resolution of non-compliant items identified
- Adhere to State Street corporate policies and procedures including but not limited to the Standard of Conduct
- Perform other duties as required
What we value
- Strong communication skills - there is a significant amount of interaction with clients, senior management and other key stakeholders.
- Strong change agent – the team and company generally are undergoing a significant amount of change and transformation in terms of processes, operating model and business requirements. We need someone who is willing to embrace and address these challenges.
- Strong technical, critical thinking and creative thinking skills – the range of daily issues as well as the need to come up with creative solutions to client requests requires an adaptable and creative approach.
- Education & Preferred Qualifications
- The successful candidate will have experience in custody/fund accounting/fund administration environment with significant exposure to both BAU tasks and client services.
- You will possess a high level of professional maturity and be able to communicate with clients, managers and peers as well as demonstrated stakeholder management experience.
- Previous financial services experience and market knowledge are essential.
- Your related degree qualifications or business studies will be highly desired.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.