Analyst, Hotel Accounting
The Analyst for Hotel Accounting will assume responsibility for delivering the day-to-day processes that will ensure smooth running of the Hotel Accounting function within Hilton’s UK Centre of Excellence. Working with the Managers & the Hotel Accounting team to support the delivery of the function strategy and goals surrounding the processes involved in the delivery of accurate and timely reporting for c.45 hotels.
Under the guidance of the Manager Hotel Accounting, the post holder will be responsible for the delivery of Hotel Accounting processes to agreed timetables and Service Level Agreements. The Analyst will ensure Hilton’s Centre of Excellence offers a seamless, efficient and customer focused experience which maximises on output without compromising the quality of service. The ability to recognise how to maximise process efficiency and effectiveness is considered essential.
The post holder will participate and play a part in engendering a sense of empowerment in the pursuit of first class service, supporting the delivery of Hotel Accounting strategies and the team activities on a day-to-day basis. This will require a meticulous attention to detail, the ability to understand and interpret business metrics within the Accounting arena and make recommendations where appropriate. They will also support the review of Hotel Accounting Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), assisting with the refinement and ongoing monitoring of these to ensure that agreed service delivery metrics are met or exceeded.
Key to the success of the role will be the ability to communicate and influence at various levels, both internally and with external stakeholders. Experience in participating in projects and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and deliver to tight deadlines are considered essential elements of this role.
- Following direction and guidance from management, carry out and co-ordinate all required Hotel Accounting related tasks. Completing in a timely and efficient manner whilst working toward the successful achievement of goals and KPIs.
- Identify and implement process improvements where necessary, after discussion and agreement with management.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the end to end processes in all areas of Hotel Accounting responsibility, supporting the confident delivery of solutions and responses to questions and queries
- Working with the team, co-ordinate all day to day activities ensuring the successful and timely delivery of all Hotel Accounting activities
- Provide input to the delivery of the relevant metrics to support the team activities and drive improvement across the business;
- Support the Manager in the production of relevant and timely Management Information
- Provide guidance and support to the business on operating best practice
- Support the Manager in evaluating the effectiveness of current processes and implementing actions to streamline the processes and maximise efficiency
- Ensure all monthly closing and reporting activities are carried out as per guidelines and deadlines
- Deliver the balance sheet reconciliation processes, ensuring unreconciled items are cleared immediately and any ageing is appropriately explained.
- Perform the hotel accounting processes, ensuring consistency and control
- Book key closing journal entries and other reports/projects completed by the outsourcing provider to ensure proper GAAP accounting.
- Administer compliance duties and the set-up and maintenance of internal controls and SOX compliance, ensuring adherence is always achieved.
- Perform monthly closing and post-closing activities such as financial statement variance reviews, issues arising throughout the closing and post-close period, balance sheet reconciliations, and workpaper reviews
- Support internal and external audits for hotels and internal corporate departments by coordinating documentation collection, review of items collected (including from the outsourcing provider) and answering auditor requests.
- Complete hotel transitions checklist.
- Report results to others to explain and decipher findings
- Take on board any work within the parameters of Hotel Accounting policy and procedures updates communicated
- Serve as Hotel Accounting liaison for hotels and other corporate functions in relation to all Hotel Accounting activities
- Completion of Balance Sheet Reconciliations, resolving reconciling items on a timely basis in line with policy and ensuring any ageing is appropriately explained.
- Complete tasks in compliance with required SOX controls, with peer reviews in place to test controls within the team. Highlight to Manager any potential issues in advance with recommendations for changes to controls where required
- Research and respond to information requests from internal departments and management
Specific Job Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work with limited supervision, using own initiative with ‘can-do’ approach, thriving under pressure in a fast paced environment, being able to handle multiple demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities
• Good technical skills and exposure to general ledger accounting and reconciliations
• Ability to use multiple systems and understand how they link together, to provide training and support to other team members and to identify and report on issues occurring
• Strong inter-personal skills and able to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients with well-developed written and verbal communication and comprehension skills
• Good knowledge of finance modules of an ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BSc/Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a related area
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Relevent level of work experience in an accounting area
- Commencing/or commenced studies in a recognised accounting body