Analyst, General Accounting
The Analyst Corporate Accounting will work with the Manager Corporate Accounting and is responsible for the accounting activity which significantly impacts the corporate balance sheet and P&L. The post holder will combine accounting, analytical and presentation skills to effectively and efficiently contribute to the monthly close process, as well as the ability to understand complex accounting transactions. Outputs include balance sheet and P&L analysis, intercompany loan activity reporting, and general ledger entries
Under the direction and guidance of the Manager Corporate Accounting the post holder will be instrumental in developing and delivering strategies ensuring Hilton’s Centre of Excellence delivers a seamless, efficient and customer focused experience which maximises on output without compromising the quality of service. The Analyst will play a central role in delivering successful change programmes.
Key to the success of the role will be the ability to communicate and influence at all levels, both internally and with external stakeholders, and take the lead in building and maintaining strong business and 3rd Party relationships. Good project management skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and deliver to tight deadlines are considered essential elements of this role.
• Perform variance analysis, evaluation, analysis of business performance, ad-hoc reporting requests, and recommend actions to meet Hilton financial objectives.
• Support the coordination with third-party service providers (outsourcing provider, auditors, valuation specialists, financial printer, software vendors) to ensure all necessary information is compiled to arrive at appropriate accounting conclusions and disclosures.
• Perform monthly closing, maintenance of ledger accounts and cost accounting.
• Book key closing journal entries and other reports/projects completed by the outsourcing provider to ensure proper GAAP accounting.
• Support/perform accounting accruals including bonus accruals, other operating expense accruals and non-operating accruals.
• Perform accounting analysis to assess trends in Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), identify variances, and recommend next steps.
• Identify and research key accounting issues for finance senior management to facilitate discussion in quarterly issues meetings to minimise the risk and exposure of the company as well as ensure proper accounting treatment.
• Liaise with Senior Management to support analysis, budgeting and forecasting initiatives and cost centre reporting.
• Respond to audit queries.
• Asset Management Accounting and system management
• Perform RSP Accounting
• Perform Intercompany Accounting
• Net Profit Calculation
• Book Treasury Statements
• Perform Balance Sheet reconciliations
• Corporate Cost Reporting
• Book Purchase accounting entries
• Book Minimum Guarantees
• Monitor Key Money
• Book Development Bonus
• Perform Analytics
• Assist with STAT accounts and Tax queries
• Perform Gross Up Calculations
• Perform Fund accounting
• Perform Deferred Charges accounting
• Administer Blackline and Code Block
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Understanding of principles and practical application of GAAP
• PeopleSoft Knowledge and journal preparation and processing is a must
• Blackline and/or Balance Sheet reconciliation Experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills.
• Highly advanced in MS Excel, Word and Outlook with the ability to quickly learn new programmes when required.
• Sufficient relevant analytical work experience
• BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and Finance or experience in lieu of.
• Commenced or prepared to start studies for recognised professional accounting body certification/qualification
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Relevant analytical experience within the accounting field
• Hospitality industry experience
• Currently studying a recognized professional accounting body certification/qualification