Auditor - Operations & Financial Crime
Join our community.
As an Auditor within our Internal Audit Department you'll be accountable for supporting activities to assess the management and control of risks across the business. The role is within our Operations & Financial Crime Audit Team and covers areas such as Branch and Back-Office Operations, Human Resources, Procurement and Vendor Management, Transformation and Change Risk, as well as all aspects of Financial Crime.
You'll take personal accountability that all tasks assigned to you meet agreed timescales and comply with quality requirements set out by policy and guidelines. You'll liaise effectively, when necessary, with stakeholders and other business areas, with the direction of more senior colleagues. You'll also contribute to additional activities related to the management of the Internal Audit Department, including running reports as directed, providing basic commentary within guidelines, and reporting findings to more senior management.
The difference you'll make.
- Assessing and managing risks and suggest alternatives where appropriate
- Supporting the delivery of the business plan for the Internal Audit Department
- Ensuring full compliance with management reporting requirements, policies and frameworks
- Maintaining effective internal control systems, where appropriate
- Ensuring relevant documents and manuals are kept up to date with relevant sign offs
- Demonstrating cross team collaboration, sharing learning, best practices, and feedback to contribute to overall team effectiveness
What you'll bring.
- Basic understanding of the financial services industry and its regulatory framework
- Experience in managing risk controls
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Ability to demonstrate cross team collaboration
- Good communication and ability to use different influencing styles
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks to ensure quality delivery within defined timescales
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
What else you need to know.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander, and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
This role is currently based on hybrid office and home working. As we now work flexibly and adopt these hybrid working arrangements, we are happy to conduct interviews face to face or via video conference, as preferred.
How we'll reward you.
- As well as a salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs.
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 28 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates. Including: Bupa medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform including retailers, entertainment, eating out, travel and more
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our share plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Learn more about our benefits and family friendly policies
#ThePlaceToBeYourself - Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we're embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page.
A bit more about Santander
At Santander we're driven by our purpose to help people and businesses prosper. This means we help customers to create change for themselves and those around them, and we champion businesses to grow sustainably. We do this by always living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply.
If there's anything we can do in the recruitment process to help you achieve your best, get in touch. Whether it's a copy of our application form in another format or additional assistance, we're available through telephone, email, or face to face. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0870 414 9080.
Why not join our talent community where we'll keep you updated with all the latest news and job information? Simply register your details on our careers site, 'Join our Talent Community'.