Derivative, Vice President
A head role of China derivative including OTC and ETD.
Who we are looking for
This managerial position is within the Asia Pacific Global Delivery (GD) Business unit located in Hangzhou Derivative COE team servicing clients cross Austrian, Korea, China, Singapore, Taiwan.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery and Global DCOE. Global Derivative team provide end to end service for trade capturing, trade processing, pricing/valuation, cash posting and reconciliation for derivative related accounting service and middle office service. It involves multiple downstream teams like fund accounting, Data GX, Financial reporting and Tax, etc. It also interacts with multiple external parties like pricing vendors, broker and even IMs/clients.
The is Global Process Delivery APAC representative role for DCOE in China Hub which will need set focus on (1. operates with a view to aligning derivative processes globally in order to improving timeliness and accuracy whilst having a continued focus on efficiency 2.Involved in APAC accounting initiatives as the GD person).
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As you will
- Your role as the Head of China Derivative Operations, VP is to oversee the successful operations for the entire function.
- This is a senior leadership role where you are the lead manager, serving as a coordinator and escalation contact.
- You will be responsible for driving results to ensure client’s needs are being satisfied whilst also being responsible for identifying operational trends for areas of improvement, risk management, strategic planning & execution and development of staff.
- It will also be important to develop strong relationships with internal divisions of the company and to manage special projects and assignments.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a professional services environment.
- Exceptional leadership and staff development skills with prior team management experience.
- Accountable for KPI’s and productivity of the team.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and with external stakeholders. Fluent in written and verbal English a must.
- Strong organizational skills ideally with project and program management experience and a demonstrated track record of project delivery.
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to anticipate issues and aggressively drive initiatives to achieve results.
- Confident in autonomous decision making. Ability to initiate and drive change (previous track record of managing change).
- Control focus with a thorough understanding of operational risk.
- Detailed knowledge of business processes and procedures as well as service and systems (including downstream impacts).
- Engage, track and see to fruition strengthening skill of current workforce.
- Meticulous planning ability so as to manage client delivery expectations.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor + with major finance, accounting, middle office and derivative would prefer
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.