Overview Of BNY Mellon:
Who we are
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2022, BNY Mellon had $45.5 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.3 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroomfor the latest company news.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the BNY Mellon Internal Audit Team.
The Internal Audit mission is to contribute to the effectiveness of the Company's internal controls by providing independent, risk-based assurance reviews designed to identify control risks, risk mitigants, control gaps, and opportunities to improve efficiency. The BNY Mellon Internal Audit function has a number of locations internationally across the US, EMEA and APAC regions. Key locations within EMEA include the UK, Belgium, Poland, Ireland, Germany, and Luxembourg. This opportunity is for a Senior Auditor and will have the flexibility to be based in either Manchester, Liverpool, Poole or Edinburgh.
- Participate in delivering complex and challenging audit assignments.
- Independently perform testing on audit engagements under the supervision of the project lead, with increasing responsibilities over time.
- Shadows and deputises for Senior Auditor II, in preparation for managing audit projects and conducting more complex audits.
- Identify meaningful issues impacting business and operations under review and write high quality audit observations
- Supporting the Senior Auditor II in writing the report.
- Build and proactively manage relationships with key stakeholders and participate in Continuous Monitoring activities.
- Contributes to the development of the annual audit plan.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry best practice and regulatory requirements.
- Carry out other ad-hoc tasks and projects as directed by audit senior management.
- Perform follow-up procedures on Internal Audit observations to ensure corrective actions have been appropriately implemented.
- Represents Internal Audit on projects and at management meetings/committees.
Experience and knowledge:
- Relevantyears’ experience working in financial services or banking, within Third Line Internal Audit or Second Line Risk or Compliance Monitoring.
- Good understanding knowledge of audit methodologies.
- Working knowledge of UK and EU regulation and key areas of regulatory focus from the FCA/PRA /EBA.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience and have completed a recognised relevant post-graduate qualification (e.g. CIA, CMIIA, ACA, ACCA), but not essential.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Self-starter with a high degree of self-sufficiency.
- Excellent planning, co-ordination, organisation, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, also with colleagues remotely.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to change.
- Strong knowledge and use of Excel and other Microsoft software – PowerPoint, Word, Visio
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with various levels of management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.