EBA Programme and QA Analyst
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The Finance Division globally reports to the Chief Financial Officer. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators and serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team
The Third Party Program Management (TPPM) group is a dedicated First line of Defence (LoD) function within Reengineering & Expense Management (REM) and the Finance division, established to more effectively manage risks associated with Morgan Stanley's use of internal and external Third Parties to provide goods and services.
Quality Assurance (QA) Responsibilities:
The QA Framework is to test and record the operating effectiveness of the processes and controls surrounding Third Party arrangements including External Third Parties and MS Affiliates for both outsourcing and sourcing as defined in Firm Procedures and local supplements.
In this role the successful candidate will report locally in London to QA lead and Globally to the Head of Programme Governance and Risk Management in New York. The role has responsibility to perform and report on QA testing for all regions. The initial focus will be on EMEA QA testing to ensure consistent adherence for the Firms TPRM framework in relation to European Banking Authority (''EBA'') guidelines on Outsourcing and enforce consistent adherence with the Firm's TPRM Framework in the region. The role will also include supporting in the development and roll out of a Global QA framework across all regions for QA testing.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Acts as a point of contact for the EBA QA program to check adherence to the guidelines within the region. This will expand to cover all regions as the Global frameworks develops
- Partner with the Business Units and Support Functions to embed the recent EMEA QA enhancements to the TPRM Framework and processes
- Perform EMEA QA review and testing on quarterly basis for in scope activities performed by the Businesses and Support Functions to ensure consistent and appropriate application of the requirements (including but not limited to Identification of outsourcings, criticality and risk assessments, legal agreements, supervision, contingency/exit plans, concentration risk, governance and regulatory notification, Inventory and data quality and consistency in tooling)
- EMEA QA findings to be reported to EMEA TPGC on quarterly basis. Agreed actions to address the findings to be tracked through completion
- Identifies and escalates risks and issues for resolution, escalating to the Regional and Global Head as appropriate, and works with the Businesses and Support Functions to address
- Supports development and delivery of communications materials, training and guidance relating to the requirements and enhanced Global QA Framework
The ideal candidate will have the following skills & qualifications:
- Strong project management skills, including ability to coordinate with cross-functional teams with varied backgrounds and skills
- Experience in building relationships with, influencing and affecting change across multiple business areas
- Strong related experience (preferably in Third Party / Outsourcing Risk Management) gained at an investment banking institution / financial services organisation or a background in management consulting with a track record of rapidly acclimating to a fast-paced and constantly changing environment while working under pressure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and proven ability to effectively interact with team members, clients, and peers, earning their trust and establishing credibility
- Proven experience in producing Business requirements, Functional Requirements Documents and liaising with Business to ensure these are fully understood
- Ability to work in a global team environment, building and maintaining a network of contacts and coordinating with a large number of stakeholders
- Highly Proficient in MS Office tools (e.g. Word, Access, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Prince 2 / PMP certification
- Experience of QA or an audit background
- Knowledge of EBA Outsourcing requirements is desired but not essential
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.