Accounting Technical Support
The Risk, Compliance and Professional Standards (RCPS) department in Grant Thornton Ireland provides internal firm support services to all offices in Ireland in many specialist areas as follows:
- Client acceptance and continuance;
- Legal and data protection;
- Audit methodology and accounting technical support;
- Quality and risk management; and
- Insolvency compliance;
The RCPS team provide strategic, innovative, creative and most importantly quality services and solutions to enable our people every day to give the best external client service. The RCPS team promotes and monitors compliance with applicable auditing and accounting standards, external laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures to help manage Grant Thornton’s regulatory, litigation and reputational risk.
Due to continued growth, the RCPS team is now recruiting for an Accounting Technical Support team member. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your accounting, financial reporting and auditing knowledge in a supporting role, that enables great development; both personally and professionally.
Working within the RCPS Accounting Technical team, you will be responsible for providing support to the team on a variety of topics. This is an ideal opportunity to grow your accounting knowledge, increase your experience of the wider role of financial reporting and auditing, and to work in a highly visible internal role in the firm as it progresses and grows.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- assisting with the provision of technical support to staff in areas such as IFRS, UK/Irish GAAP (FRS 101/102/105), US GAAP, Company, Insurance, Banking, Funds, etc. legislation and regulations, and Auditing Standards, when queries arise;
- completion of detailed hot/cold reviews on IFRS, UK/Irish GAAP, US GAAP financial statements in accordance with firm policy, including audit reports, for technical accuracy and compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and financial reporting and auditing standards to continue to improve the quality of financial statements produced;
- developing and updating guidance for Audit & Assurance teams on technical matters;
- maintaining and managing accounting technical support tools and licences assistance with the organisation, development of content and the delivery of technical training;
- provide ad-hoc technical support to other departments and clients where required;
- provide assistance to risk and compliance functions as and when required, to include preparation for regulatory reviews and assistance with regulatory returns; and
- work on one-off and recurring projects as and when required.
Required skills and attributes include:
- ACA/ACCA (or equivalent) qualified;
- strong technical accounting skills and an interest in IFRS, Irish/UK GAAP and/or US GAAP;
- experience in Corporate Financial Reporting and Audit either directly through practice or exposure to financial statement and annual report delivery or internal audit in industry;
- understanding of regulatory requirements of listed entities is an advantage e.g. Regulated and recognised stock exchange rules, SEC registrants, PCAOB clients etc.
- good work ethic, proactive attitude to issue resolution, delivering quality excellence, managing deadlines and being comfortable working as part of a team;
- must be highly motivated with an ability to take ownership for themselves and eager to learn;
- excellent attention to detail;
- strong communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills; and
- excellent team player.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.