Senior Consultant - TAX - Business Tax Advisory - Jeddah
Our globally coordinated tax professionals offer connected services across all tax disciplines to help our clients thrive in an era of rapid change. We combine our exceptional knowledge and experience with the people and technology platforms that make us an ideal partner for all their tax-related needs. In Tax, we equip clients to make better business decisions by bringing insights to the forefront. We help companies understand the tax policies and tax laws of governments around the world to plan and comply accordingly.
Our teams leverage transformative technologies to deliver strategy and execution, from tax and regulatory obligations to operations and workforce management, to reduce risk and drive sustainable value. Tax has six sub-service lines which cover a wide range of issues: Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Global Law, Indirect Tax, International Tax and Transaction Services and People Advisory Services.
Our BTA tax service line operates as a team of highly experienced tax professionals who focus on delivering efficient and effective resources to companies in the region. You will work with organizations and individuals to structure transactions and operations in a tax-effective manner. This includes helping clients to mitigate tax risk and comply effectively with tax laws.
You will help businesses meet complex demands for tax reporting, compliance, planning, strategy and controversy. By integrating technical and industry knowledge with established methodologies, you will work with a wide range of businesses and corporations to help them develop and implement effective, practical and sustainable tax strategies.
You will assist in looking after service delivery, coordination, issue resolution, and contract management of projects where you will be expected to draft tax advisory memos and reports to address client concerns.
Your key responsibilities:
You will be responsible for the preparation of tax research memos and tax advisory reports and assist with local state tax return preparation and attend meetings with the local Tax Authority on client related tax matters. You will establish, maintain and strengthen valued internal and external relationships and ensure that the services delivered to clients is of the highest quality.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of client engagements, monitor progress and deliverables, put in place the necessary standardized processes, anticipate and identify risks, escalate issues as appropriate and drive performance-improvement solutions.
You will support the team in marketing and business development initiatives to grow our BTA client base in the region and build a positive learning culture by coaching and counseling junior team members. You will also be responsible for ensuring adherence to our Tax Quality guidelines.
Skills and attributes for success:
If you are an excellent communicator and detail-oriented professional, with strong analytical and problem solving skills, who is comfortable working across borders with a wide network of people, you will be perfect for the role.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A bachelor's degree with strong academic credentials in accounting, business, finance, law, taxation or any related essential fields.
- Preferably an MBA, Masters, LLM or another related advanced degree and/or professional qualifications e.g. CA, CPA, ACCA, CTA, ADIT or equivalent qualification.
- A very strong knowledge and minimum 3 years of experience in Corporate Tax, ideally within a large professional services company or similar environment.
Ideally, you also have:
- Experience of dealing with multinational clients and ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent analytical and supervisory skills.
- Effective organization and time management skills with ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
What we look for:
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer:
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.