Consultant, Investor Accounting
Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services is a global fund administrator, specializing in administering assets of complex hedge and private equity funds. The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function in a dynamic, fast-paced and demanding environment.
This individual will have a strong technical accounting background and experience working within the financial services industry.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review monthly/quarterly fund investor allocations
- Review fund documents in order to interpret and execute allocation requirements
- Work with hedge fund controllers and CFOs to explain processes and address issues
- Interact with clients and other Hedge Fund Services teams to obtain understanding of funds’ activities and troubleshoot issues
- Work directly with new clients for coordination of system preparations during implementations
- Prepare and review year end financial highlights and share capital disclosures for financial statements
- Collaborate with other team members to build scalable operations to meet the service needs of a large portfolio of clients
- Work closely with allocation vendor and internal technology resources to troubleshoot issues and scope new or desired functionality
- Consistently look to streamline and automate the reporting/analytical process with the use of technology
- Detail-oriented and accurate in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with internal and external parties;
- Proven ability to organize a demanding workload;
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Self-motivation and an ability to work with minimum supervision in a demanding and progressive environment meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a team environment;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and with accuracy
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- A minimum of 2 years accounting experience
- Experience with hedge funds, private equity funds, investment management and/or financial services strongly preferred
- CPA preferred
- Bachelors degree with emphasis in Accounting
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Excellent Excel and MS Office skills
- Excellent English, grammar, written and oral communication skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.