Business Finance Analyst
Business Finance Analyst - Join one of the UK's top employers! We're currently recruiting for a Business Finance Analyst to join our Life Finance Systems team.
Salary: Up to £34,000, bonus between 8-16%, 38 days holiday, 10% pension
Job Type: Permanent
Job Contact: 0131 245 1000
Closing Date: 26/09/2022
At Phoenix Group we're passionate about helping people achieve a more secure and sustainable future. With circa 14 million policies, we make a difference to the lives of millions of people as the UK's largest long-term savings and retirement business. Join us now and you'll grow with us as we build on our success.
We're currently recruiting for a Business Finance Analyst to join our Life Finance - Finance Systems team to assist in the provision of professional accountancy and/or finance analysis service by executing specific and regular finance processes to ensure the organisation meets its regulatory, reputational and commercial requirements.
- Undertake project work to support the development of robust and effective financial reporting.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the business.
- Support the on-going delivery of robust, effective and efficient operational finance processes and controls.
- Ensure compliance with relevant procedures and processes and maintain evidence/audit trail as required.
- Complete specific standard Accountancy and / or analytical functions (including producing financial reports - performance, TBs, controls and OSP oversight, providing analysis of data, statutory reporting, etc) as assigned by manager to meet business and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure best use of resource and skill development by working flexibly across the range of tasks performed in the function.
- Apply agreed appropriate quality assurance controls to all work produced to ensure the accuracy and validity of the Company's financial information.
- Influencing decisions across the organisation teams where priorities and interests are often conflicting.
- Communicating with others to develop their understanding and knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Regularly working to defined and tight timescales whilst maintaining professional standards.
- Will escalate issues that have a high impact to the appropriate manager using the established governance frameworks.
What We're Looking For
- Highly numerate with a strong control background
- Strong attention to detail and be able to efficiently and accurately be able to operate complex processes
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to create rapport with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to prioritise workloads and drive progress through to completion
- Strong team ethos
- Experience of project work and completion of user acceptance testing
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience of Finance Systems and Reporting processes (e.g. Oracle Cloud)
What We Offer
Bring your 'whole self', skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we'll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We'll ensure you're rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
Join us and you join a unique organisation. It's not just the 14 million policyholders we serve, or the £300 billion of assets we look after. Or that we're a FTSE 100 company that has been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for nine years running. It's our talented, inclusive and diverse workforce that makes us a success. We offer flexible working opportunities ensuring we attract and retain the very best of talent. Find out about more about our people's stories, our values and our commitment to diversity.
- Analytical Skills
- Checking and Reporting
- Communication Skills
- Generic Technical
- Information Seeking
- Managing Risk
Phoenix Group is a member of the FTSE 100 index and is the UK's largest long-term savings and retirement business. We specialise in the acquisition and management of Heritage life insurance and pension funds. We've businesses in the UK, Germany and Ireland and hold a broad range of both Heritage and Open products split across three key business segments: UK Heritage, UK Open and Europe. Our open business manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs, primary under the Standard Life brand. And we market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife's market leading Guaranteed Over 50's plan? Find out more about Phoenix Group here.
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.