Client Service Manager, AVP
Who we are looking for
State Street Global Services, provides asset owners and managers with a wide range of support, from core custody, accounting and fund administration to complete servicing for complex alternative assets like OTC derivatives and private equity. We also deliver innovative performance measurement and analytics tools, giving our clients the information they need to make better-informed decisions. State Street is among the world’s leading institutional investment servicing providers.
State Street Global Services, provides the essential financial infrastructure for delivering effective investment servicing solutions globally. Our capabilities in asset servicing, operations outsourcing and analytics enable our clients to manage operational risk, optimize their cost structures, enhance the value of their services and act on growth opportunities – across all major markets. Our combination of consistency and creativity is what helps our clients face the future with confidence.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Client Service Manager, you will
- Deliver highly valued services and solutions to complex clients to ensure quality services are consistently delivered and clients are offered State Street’s full range of services as their needs and our services evolve
- Demonstrate deep understanding of Superannuation fund structure and client investment product
- Manage activities in servicing client relationships and client operations i.e. respond to escalated issues, communicate resolution to clients, monitor metrics around inquiries being resolved at point of contact, and escalate unresolved issues to senior management as needed
- Translate corporate strategy into actionable goals ensuring alignment to company goals.
- Keep senior management informed of new developments, service issues, and new business opportunities Promote a collaborative cross-business and jurisdiction environment that fosters change and innovation
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for new business on-boarding and other projects as required
- Drive relevant internal project work to improve client service
- Lead continuous evaluation of team operations, encouraging innovative ideas to enhance efficiency, reduce risk or increase revenue
- Review broad array of operating standards driving innovation, strategic opportunities and best practices
- Effectively deliver key messages & communication to ensure relevant parties are informed of any client’s activities
- Assist with compliance/fiduciary reviews, controls, and audits as appropriate
- Sound risk and compliance controls with immediate resolution of non-compliant items identified
- Oversee succession and development planning for direct reports
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff and responsible for completing and delivering Performance Planning and Reviews on time
- Make effective recommendations to hire, discipline, control work, determine promotions, salary increases, bonuses and terminate employment
- Adhere to State Street corporate policies and procedures including but not limited to the Standard of Conduct
- Perform other duties as required
- Achieve efficiency/productivity targets
- Champion process improvements
- Timely & Accurate resolution of inquiries
- Adherence to KPI’s (Client/Operational)
- Client Retention & Satisfaction
- Client Positive Feedbacks
- Maximize client profitability
Risk and Compliance:
- Adherence to best practices/SOPs/Client Specific procedures/
- Comply with State Street risk program e.g. timely completion of related training
- Comply with relevant laws and regulatory requirements
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Deep understanding of financial products and Australian Superannuation industry
- Experience in helping Superannuation clients solve business and operational problems
- Excellent client service and management experience
- Strong business level communication skills both written and verbal, including report writing skills
- Strong time management, prioritisation skills and proactive
- Strong leadership skills, confident in making decisions autonomously and taking initiative & accountability
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Proven track record for delivering results as part of a dynamic team structure
- Strong change agent to support the transformation initiatives within the organisation in terms of processes, operating model and business requirements. We need someone who is willing to embrace and address these challenges.
- Strong technical, critical thinking and creative thinking skills – the range of daily issues as well as the need to come up with creative solutions to client requests requires an adaptable and creative approach.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree and/or formal qualifications in a relevant business stream, i.e. Accounting, Finance
- The successful candidate will have experience in custody / fund accounting / fund administration environment with significant exposure to both BAU tasks and client services.
- Strong understanding of State Street’s products, services, technology/system and operational environment
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.