UAE National | Assistant Finance Manager | AGFRE | UAE
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Assistant Finance Manager will be responsible to manage the accounting and finance function for management entities of Real Estate Group. This includes preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts, preparation of monthly reports and variances explanation. The ideal candidate is expected to independently handle month-end close process, perform reviews and reconciliations. An important requirement of the role is to have a hands-on knowledge of preparing financial statements in accordance with IFRS. The candidate is expected to demonstrate practical IFRS knowledge during the interview.
What you will do
- To provide financial support to internal customers: AFGRE/ DFC business team, HR & Group Treasury in relation to financial reporting, budgeting & forecasting through effective communication in order to meet business needs and contribute to improve the existing processes.
- Responsible for complete accounting cycle for assigned companies. (Revenue, Expense, Closing & Reporting)
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the business through monthly reviews and variance reporting and recommendation of improvement initiatives.
- Loan covenant testing for various facilities extended by the banks, calculation of Equity cure for the various entities involved.
- Co-ordinate with Group Treasury for fund requirements & reporting requirements of the banks in the agreed formats.
- Ensure that Audit reports/schedules for statutory and/or internal audits are provided to the auditors as and when required.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of the statutory financial statements.
- Contribute in the various initiatives of process development & mapping, system automations and policies drafting and implementation.
Required SkillsJob-Specific Skills:
- Well-versed in IAS / IFRS.
- Well-versed in preparation of Financial Statements.
- Knowledge of Dubai Real Estate Laws, Guidelines, and directives is a desired skill.
- Ability to manage expectations of the various stakeholders.
- Ability to manage financial operations with constant motivation towards the next level of success.
- Ability to manage time appropriately, communicate effectively with team members and business
- Ability to approach problem solving with simplicity and logic, and to present solutions on financial matters to non-finance professionals.
- Ability to think holistically and understand the chain impact of financial transactions on the overall business.
- Ability to work under pressure without losing control over tasks assigned to be successful
What equips you for the role
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Post-graduate degree in commerce / accounting / finance. Knowledge of management reporting and accounting systems is necessary.
- Knowledge of ERP Financial Software is necessary; SAP expertise will be preferred.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in the field of Finance and Accounting
- Experience in Real Estate / Construction / Project Management industries will be preferred.
About Al-Futtaim Group Real Estat
The real estate development and operations arm of Al-Futtaim, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate is responsible for a multi-billion-dollar portfolio across MENA. With high-quality residential, business, retail, tourism, educational and healthcare developments, the master developer caters to the diverse needs of cities and communities in the region. From origination, conception, development, sales, procurement and construction of mega-projects and the leasing, operation and management of these projects after completion, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) has been developing and managing owned landbanks, unlocking the economic potential of the region and contributing to future development for more than 40 years.
Our focus is to enable and invest in meaningful relationships to make our properties the best places to live and work, build additional products and services and enable partnerships to create true value to our customers throughout their entire experience with us.
AFGRE is responsible for master planning of all projects in its portfolio, including two large scale mixed use destinations: Dubai Festival City and Cairo Festival City.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.