An exciting position has become available for a full time Senior Practice Accountant to join our team. The successful candidate will have a passion to learn and progress within a dynamic and fast-growing accounting practice. We offers a first-class learning environment and the necessary tools to enhance your career prospects.
- Ideally part/qualified AAT, ACCA, ACA or qualified by experience with a minimum of 4-5 years’ experience within an accountancy practice. UK Practice experience preferred.
- Ability to complete full set of accounts and tax returns.
- Be highly efficient and organised and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Team player and have a good rapport with the clients.
- Experience in using Sage and Xero preferred, although full training will be provided.
- Experience in Sage Accounts Production preferred.
- The deal candidate should be self-motivated and be able to work independently and meet deadline.
- Managing your own portfolio of clients through production of Accounts/Tax returns by carrying out following key duties and tasks:
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
- Preparation of year-end accounts for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships from raw data, review and submission.
- Preparation of personal and corporate tax computations and returns.
- Be the first point of contact for clients, from collection of data to ensuring all questions and queries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Liaise with HMRC as required.
- Perform tasks to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- Other duties as required by the role including preparation of cashflow forecasts, budgets, management accounts, data analysis.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- 28 days holidays, with guaranteed holidays over Christmas and religious celebrations.
- ACCA approved employer for professional development and Trainee Development (Gold).
- Generous study support with leading study provider.
- Home Office approved firm for Skilled Workers.
- Flexi working option.
- Fast growing practice, based locally but operating nationally.