Assurance - Consultant
EY- Assurance – Consultant
As part of our EY-Assurance Team, the role requires the incumbent to proactively develop relationships with the global EY teams serving these engagements and supervise the delivery of GDS engagement management support activities.
We’re looking for candidates with experience in carrying out routine substantive and controls-based assurance testing for the engagement teams during the financial year end for the Europe or US region.
Your key responsibilities
- Clearly and accurately document the execution of specific review procedures as defined by the engagement teams Demonstrate basic understanding of an industry or sector and be aware of technical issues Stay informed of current business/economic developments relevant to the client's business Recognize potential review issues or unusual relationships from basic analysis of the financial statements and communicate them to the immediate supervisor Collaborate with seniors and engagement teams to set goals and responsibilities Deliver work in line with designated methodology, project plan or process in line with EY standards Demonstrate professionalism, competence and clarity of communication when dealing with the team members Maintain a strong client focus, be responsive to team requests, and develop/maintain productive working relationships with team contacts Where appropriate, challenge procedures used in the past by team members and attempt to enhance review techniques Compare efficiency of review procedures performed across different clients and suggest ideas for improvement. Contribute ideas/opinions to the assurance teams and listen/respond to other team members' views Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery Promote EY’s ethical and professional standards, including data confidentiality, especially when dealing with outsiders
Skills and attributes for success
- Confident and outgoing individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to meet tight deadlines and ensure that work is of a consistently high standard Ability to multi-task, pay attention to detail, prioritize projects and follow up on routine tasks diligently Knowledge of basic accounting and book-keeping, Ability to communicate with leaders and peers with ease Plan ahead and anticipate potential issues before they arise Good written and oral communication skills Ability to work effectively in a team
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Candidates with ACCA Part qualified (9 papers cleared) 6 months to 1 year of relevant work experience preferred.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Interest in business and commerciality. Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What we look for
A Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
An opportunity to be part of a market-leading, multi-disciplinary team in the only integrated global assurance business worldwide.
Opportunity to work with EY GDS Assurance practices globally with leading businesses across a range of industries
What we Offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next. Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way. Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs. Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.