Finance Officer #740
Finance Officer #740
Hybrid working, UK
Our partner, a ground-breaking, rapidly growing healthcare organisation, looking to inform & educate communities and influence changes in behaviour to improve health & wellbeing outcomes. They are seeking a Finance Officer to join their close-knit team in London.
- Maintain accurate accounting records for the UK office, review the transactions from the overseas offices on a monthly basis to ensure that they are coded properly and input them into the software.
- Ensure that the organisation is legally compliant with requirements in the UK and in the countries it operates, prepare VAT returns and support in the preparation of consolidated accounts, statutory returns (Companies House & HMRC), and in preparing for the annual audit.
- Assist with the banking, including setting up accounts, setting up UK and international payments, reconciling accounts and producing treasury reports.
- Manage the monthly payroll process for both the UK and international offices.
- Support in the preparation of year-end accounts, as well as the annual audit.
- Supporting the preparation of donor/funder reports, ensuring that these are compliant with donor requirements.
- Finance business partner to the UK & overseas offices, to answer any queries, provide support as required and ensure that controls, policies and procedures are upheld.
- Accounting professional with at least 3 years of experience in a similar charity finance role, specifically with an understanding of controls & processes in an organisation with multi-country operations, and knowledge and experience of UK taxation, Accounting qualification is desirable.
- Grants finance knowledge in a donor funded environment is strongly desirably.
- Strong IT skills, including advanced MSExcel skills and experience using other software.
- Business partner, with proven experience of successfully working with colleagues in the UK and in overseas offices. Excellent communication and people skills.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritise a varied workload.
- Additional language (Spanish, Portuguese, French) is desirable.
The organisation offers hybrid working, with the individual expected to be office based 2 days/week in London. Candidates are being considered on a rolling basis, and so early applications are strongly recommended.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.