Manager - Business Partnering and Balance Sheet Efficiency
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Financial Services (FS) provides specialist services, to both customer-facing and customer-supporting teams, in the areas of finance, audit, treasury, tax, investor relations, property and security.
The Group Treasury Business Partnering and Capital Reporting team’s purpose is to support the financial strength of the group and partner with business units to deliver the CBA purpose.
The Business Partnering & Balance Sheet Efficiency team has a critical function to help shape the best outcomes of the Group’s balance sheet by providing strategic expertise to deliver a variety of funding, capital and liquidity solutions.
This role will assist the broader team to drive strategic development and effective management of the Group’s balance sheet through insightful analytics and close collaboration with the broader Group Treasury team, and stakeholders across the Group.
Do work that matters
- Combine critical thinking and an understanding of balance sheet principles and the balance sheet setting to deliver and communicate actionable insights and improvements.
- Support the broader business and customer strategy by developing subject matter expertise to create recommendations based on critical assessment of the potential scenarios driven by changes in our macro environment.
- Influence the balance sheet trajectory through stakeholder management stakeholders across Product, Finance, Risk Management and Group Treasury to ensure appropriate collation of relevant information and expertise to deliver objectives.
- Utilise strong analytical capabilities and big picture thinking to create new insights and make key links across the balance sheet.
- Support the methodology and recommendations for the Group’s Replicating Portfolio, including engagement with key stakeholders across Product, Finance, Risk Management and Group Treasury
- Engage with Business Units, Risk and Finance on balance sheet education.
- Incorporate an understanding of key changes in the regulatory environment and competitive environment with changes in fiscal and monetary policy to identify opportunities to develop and drive solutions to improve the efficiency of the Group’s balance sheet.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Higher tertiary education with relevant major such as economics, finance, business, or accounting. CFA/CA advantageous.
- Intellectual curiosity and thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Good understanding of financial services including general banking and financial markets products. Prior experience in a Treasury, Risk, Finance or Product role, and quantitative analysis advantageous.
- Strong Excel and Power Point with the ability to extract and clearly explain key insights from data analysis.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively.
- Demonstrate experience and ability to think analytically and draw actionable insights to drive optimal outcomes.
- Proficient communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts or ideas using simple language, slides and other materials.
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 07/10/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.