Finance Manager (Expression of Interest)
See yourself in our team
Retail Banking Services (RBS) is the Commonwealth Bank's largest business division and is focused on delivering a seamless banking experience for the future. RBS offers a comprehensive suite of product supported by the largest retail branch and ATM network in Australia. In addition, our customers are also supported by Direct Banking, Video Conferencing and Web chat capabilities. RBS is a leader in customer focused technology including payments and mobile innovation.
Retail Banking Services Finance acts as Financial Advisor to the Retail Banking business. We ensure they succeed in delivering exceptional outcomes for both customers and shareholders.
The Decision Support and Forecasting team is responsible for providing forward looking financial information, and the outputs of your role will be discussed at CBA’s Executive Committee and Retail Banking Leadership team meetings, providing you with good exposure to high level decision making.
Do work that matters
This position plays a pivotal role in facilitating investment decision making on a variety of projects across RBS, ranging from new product launches to brand design, systems enhancements and digital initiatives. Your background in transaction services, corporate finance or strategy will ensure you have the right skills to thrive in this dynamic position.
Key duties will include:
- Partnering with the RBS Business in the development of robust business cases that reflect the expected financial and operational outcomes of any given project/initiative.
- Working closely with Group, ES, RBS and BU Finance teams to support them in understanding the financial performance of the Retail Banking business to drive the right outcomes for the Group.
- Assessing investment and operational opportunities through the provision of financial advice, modelling and insight.
- Providing general financial management and analysis to the RBS business up to CFO level, as well as Group Finance.
- Helping the business optimise performance and achieve performance targets, including active support for and involvement in continuous improvement/productivity initiatives.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Completed CA / CPA, or CFA qualification
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related discipline
- A background in corporate finance, transaction services or strategy.
- Strong financial modelling skills and the ability to see the meaning behind the numbers.
- The confidence to engage with stakeholders across the business, up to CFO level.
- A desire to partner closely with the business to influence decision making.
- High levels of motivation and resilience.
- Outstanding written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, influence and work with stakeholders.
- Sound commercial acumen and professional judgement.
Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
Our team is looking to connect with finance professionals who are interested in being part of a high performing, customer-focused and passionate culture to build a simpler, better bank. We welcome you to express your interest and learn more about Finance opportunities. We will be in contact with suitable candidates.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 29/09/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.