Career Events – Apply for Early Career roles
Who we are looking for?
You! You will be the brains behind our work. Are you ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to a world leading recognized brand? We are looking for newly qualified finance graduates to take up opportunities in a number of departments in State Street. We will equip you with the knowledge and training that you need to play a valuable role on your team and establish a long term career with us here in State Street. We recruit year round across our enterprise.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a graduate to State Street you will have the possibilities to be hired into a number of departments across the company. Outlined below as some of the departments with a brief insight that we hire for all year round:
- Corporate Actions/Middle Office - responsible for processing trade file submitted by the Fund daily on trade-date confirmation (electronic telephonic or hardcopy) based upon the trade file transmitted by the Fund.
- Financial Reporting - responsible for preparing financial statements for annual and interim cycle. They also prepare and complete first draft of audited annual and unaudited interim financial statements from trial balance including Profit and Loss Account Balance Sheet Cash Flow Schedule of Investments notes to financial statements.
- Derivatives - deals with the complex futures and options processing for the entire European exchange traded derivatives Centre of Excellence book of business and supplementary business offshored from other State Street sites. The Derivatives Group is the central point of contact for the clearing banks and client service teams on all sites
- Compliance - responsible for monitoring compliance results on client portfolios related to Regulatory and Investment Manager (IM) mandates. Utilizing State Street’s Investment Compliance & Reporting platform the qualified candidate will complete the research analysis and reporting to ensure portfolios are in compliance with their investment restrictions. There are a number of departments under Compliance, including Investment Operations and Implementations and Anti Money Laundering (AML)
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Team skills – demonstrated ability to work with people at different levels
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to meet key deliverables within stated timeframes
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in finance related discipline would be an asset
- Expected level of English to perform duties of the role
- Workable knowledge of Excel
- Interesting process
- Hybrid working model- split between working from home and working from the office.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- Gold medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor,
- Diversity of opportunities across a range challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
Apply today – we are committed to teaching you the ropes for your successful career in State Street
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.