VFM / Performance Audit Consultant/ Mgr #693 @ International Development Assurance Specialists
VFM / Performance Audit Consultant/ Mgr #693
International Development Assurance Specialists
£65,000 - £70,000
London base, 10-20% world travel UK
The Manager manages and/or leads assignments in the domain of Value-For-Money (VFM) / performance audit and evaluation - with a particular focus on international organisations such as the UN & DFID & EC
The Manager oversees teams made up of Junior Managers, Analysts, Consultants and Audit Seniors, including review of planning, fieldwork and reporting.
- Manage and lead VFM / evaluation-related consultancy assignments, either desk-based out of office or at client or beneficiary sites - usually outside the UK (for up to 30% of the time).
- Utilise your detailed knowledge of public-sector VFM, performance audit and evaluation issues and techniques, and provide expert guidance to clients and colleagues.
- Utilise your detailed understanding of international public sector programme implementation and evaluation, and provide expert guidance in associated technical and policy matters.
- Manage the assignment process from the planning stage to presentation of the final report to the Director / Partner.
- Review and finalise tailored plans for assignments, based on a sound understanding of the Terms of Reference.
- Lead and manage assignment fieldwork teams including external consultants.
- Critically review findings made by other team members, including working-level responsibility for quality control and review.
- Lead on-site meetings with clients and beneficiaries.
- Write reports, and review and improve reports written by others, in line with the client’s and the firm’s expectations and to agreed quality standards. Feedback constructively to others to ensure improvement of their report-writing skills.
- Prepare proposals for specific assignments, either stand-alone or within a framework contract, reporting to a Director / Partner.
- Identify potential opportunities for obtaining new work from existing clients or assignment subjects. Take action to follow up such opportunities with a Director / Partner.
- Develop internal contacts and an awareness of the services offered by other departments in the firm, and alert relevant parties to potential opportunities if appropriate.
- Provide on-the-job training, coaching and guidance to more junior team members on an ongoing basis.
- A post-graduate degree or equivalent in evaluation methods, public policy, social science or other relevant discipline.
- Membership of an industry-recognized professional body would be an advantage.
- Proven experience and technical expertise in performance / value for money audit and/or policy evaluation.
- Demonstrable in-depth and current knowledge of at least two of the following sectors: Health, Education, Ecology, Energy, Employment or Media, including knowledge of issues relating to project/programme management and delivery in these sectors.
- Ability to work under pressure with accuracy and focus, prioritize tasks and meet multiple deadlines in a complex environment.
- Ability to act with professionalism, integrity and diplomacy at all times.
- Excellent written and spoken English, including a very strong command of grammar, syntax, punctuation and style.
- Ability to critically review, edit and polish reports produced by others and give constructive feedback on key reasons for amendments, to help others improve and develop their report-writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact to present findings and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Previous experience of project and team management, and of staff planning, development and supervision.
- Proven ability to contribute with your own work to the team’s objectives, to lead your own team, as well as support other team members at all levels (junior, senior and peer) in order to achieve wider departmental and organisational objectives.
- A good working knowledge of a second language, especially French, Spanish or German, would be an advantage.
- Passionate about international travel and willing to be out of the UK up to 30% of the time.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.