Financial Accountant - Balance Sheet Reconciliations & Control
Role: Financial Accountant – Balance Sheet Reconciliations & Controls
Purpose of role: Contribute to the continued development of techniques and the improvement of processes and workflow for the function, delivering a quality & timely service.
Reports to: Balance Sheet Reconciliations Manager
- Performing Balance Sheet Reconciliations across all Entities.
- Contributes to risk assessments and drives actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Evaluates the current set of in-scope Reconciliations & Controls, recommending ways to optimize & further automate.
- Deliver quality and timely Reconciliations.
- Continuous review & evolvement of outputs, together with effective reconciliations, ensuring appropriateness of controls in line with business requirements
- Assist in coordinating audits, examinations, and deliverable requirements from internal and external reviewers by supporting coordinating activities within the team.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with internal & external customers and stakeholders through strong business partnering
- Coach and develop junior team members
- Break down information in a systematic and communicable manner
- Escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- An experienced accounting professional (ACA/ACCA) 3 Years + who has worked in a rapidly growing environment and can bring experience of best practice gained including solid Accounting, Financial reporting and IFRS understanding.
- Excellent technology knowledge and experience with balance sheet reconciliation processes & implementations.
- In depth knowledge & experience in Oracle Financials & Excel
- Teradata and integrated reconciliation process a strong advantage
- Proven track record within shared service type environment and delivering improvement to operating processes and practices
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills across all levels of the organisation
- Pro-active about managing change and challenging existing procedures and processes to achieve best practice
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales
- Pro-active and self-starting with proven ability lead and close activities in a structured manner to a high quality
- Result-oriented, focusing on fulfilling management expectations
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence.
- Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.