Internal Audit Assistant Manager - Financial Services Advisory
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy - and the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
Our clients trust us because of the quality of our advice. That quality grows from a thorough understanding of their business, and that understanding comes from working closely with clients and building long-lasting relationships.
As an Assistant Manager in the Financial Services Advisory (Internal Audit) team, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of engagements including CASS/Safeguarding, gaining experience in planning and delivering internal audit assignments and on regulatory advisory engagements. You will play an important role in developing and maintaining deep client relationships. You will have the opportunity to further develop specialist sub sector, technical and regulatory knowledge and will also have opportunities to work with and support the wider Financial Services Advisory team and its clients.
You’ll be someone with
- CASS/Safeguarding experience is a requirement however, internal audit or regulatory assurance experience working within or with Financial Services for at least 1 year of that would be optional
- Knowledge of the Financial Services sector (Payment Services / Electronic Money) and the UK regulatory environment
- Have undertaken a range of internal audit or advisory assignments and have an understanding of CASS/Safeguarding methodology and techniques
- Recognised accountancy or internal audit professional qualifications and/or memberships i.e. ICAEW, CIMA, CIIA, ACCA etc. Preferred but not essential if the candidate has alternative relevant qualification.
- Strong written / communication skills, ability to influence, lead, engage, and manage stakeholders
- Ability to lead complex reviews and be a team player
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of financial service internal audit reviews, and reporting to Audit Committees and/or regulatory assurance reviews
- Functional knowledge of the UK regulatory environment with deeper knowledge of some Financial Services sub sectors and the risks that they face
- Understanding of risk management and internal controls
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Sound technical knowledge of financial products and / or customer-facing regulated activities
You’ll be able to be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer everyone the opportunity to work in ways that suit them, their teams, and the task in hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
We can provide the best support for our clients and people when we’re working side by side. Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for our clients and satisfying experiences at work, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,500 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.