Accounts Assistant in Private Practice
We have an excellent opportunity for a talented person to join our friendly and enthusiastic team working in our Penzance or Newquay office on the coast of beautiful Cornwall or hybrid working from home. We can assist with relocation costs if you are looking to move to the area.
Crane & Johnston (www.craneandj.co.uk) is an award winning, pro-active, forward thinking and established firm of Chartered Certified Accountants who have been offering accounting and taxation services to local and national businesses for many years.
We have gained a reputation throughout the area for being highly professional and modern accountants that deliver a first class service to our clients.
Our ethos is to look after our clients and help them run their businesses successfully. Our work is interesting, varied and very rewarding. This role will give you the opportunity to work with and advise a range of our clients including private clients, business owners and directors.
We are a team of around 20 who are very friendly, supportive, loyal and approachable. We are professionally trained with a wealth of experience and knowledge. We are an ACCA approved employer and we invest in our team’s ongoing training and development with a mixture of online and on the job training.
Responsible for providing a high level of service to a broad portfolio of personal, sole traders, partnership and limited company clients to include:
- Accounts and tax return preparation
- Bookkeeping and VAT return preparation
- General assistance, advice, help and support to colleagues and clients
- Attend training courses
- Adhere to internal systems, processes, procedures, guidelines and standards
The working hours are Monday to Friday 8.30/9am – 5pm with 1/2-1 hour for lunch. We can accommodate part or full time working hours
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- GCSE (or equivalent) including Maths and English, Grade C / 4 or above
- 3 A Levels (or equivalent) with grade C or above
- AAT/ATT qualification (or equivalent)
- Experience working in a UK accounting practice
- Comfortable working as part of a team or independently
- Proficient in MS Office (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge and experience accounting software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Confident and self motivated who can demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills
- Ability to suggest new things or go outside of your comfort zone to grow and develop
- Ambitious, hardworking and passionate about delivering an excellent service to our clients and working within our successful team and the accounting industry
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Full training and support
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare plan
- Paid professional subscriptions
- Wellbeing resources and support
- Life Assurance Scheme