Finance Supervisor - Personal Tax Centre (PTC) - 12 month secondment/FTC
Finance Supervisor, Personal Tax Centre (PTC) Supervising Associate
The EY Personal Tax Centre (PTC) is a fast-growing and strategically important part of the Tax Service Line within the EY UK financial services business. For 20 years it has successfully provided tax compliance and consulting services to over 20,000 clients, delivered presently by 230 partners and staff based across several regional office locations within the UK. This represents an exciting time in the evolution of the PTC business as it seeks to capitalise on investments made to innovate the delivery of its services, for example with the recent launch of its ‘EY TaxChat’ mobile app.
The Finance Supervisor role will oversee the day-to-day operations of the wider PTC markets finance team and act as a Trusted Business Advisor who works closely with PTC leadership to help the business achieve its financial objectives. This will include teaming across functions to deliver financial and operational excellence and continuous improvement.
The role will require the individual to provide financial information, produce and oversee the production of control reports and statements. A key part of the role will be presenting this information and analysis to business stakeholders, providing insight and recommended actions.
Given the relatively high number of clients worked with, the PTC book of business has a far higher number of engagement codes to be managed compared to other Service Lines, which then require robust management of ‘bulk transaction’ processing. The candidate will need to ensure there is diligence in the control processes, particularly centring on revenue recognition and balance sheet inventory.
Candidates will need to demonstrate being able to balance core finance business partnering activities with oversight of significant processing and reconciliation control checks given the high volume of engagements that PTC has. Personal resilience will be an important attribute of the successful candidate.
Your key responsibilities:
- Finance business partner supporting PTC leadership and its client handlers.
- Member of PTC Operating Committee representing Finance function.
- Grow the brand of PTC Finance to be recognised as ‘Trusted Business Advisors’.
- Act as a link-point into PTC for UKFS Tax Finance and Operations teams.
Key Finance processes
- Emphasis on accuracy of revenue recognition given relatively high volume of codes.
- Design and operate PTC financial controls environment and remediate any breaches.
- Promote effective working capital management and reducing revenue days.
- Able to operate bulk-upload finance processes given high volume of engagement codes.
- Oversight of various bespoke PTC finance and operations systems to confirm all reconcile.
PTC Finance leadership
- Lead and coach existing PTC Finance team, acting as a Finance ‘TBA’ role model.
- Define PTC Finance team organisation and requisite individual roles and responsibilities.
- Be a proactive contributor to and member of wider UKFS Finance team community.
Financial and operational excellence
- Work with other PTC Functions to identify areas for operational excellence improvement.
- Identifies synergy benefits from working with other EY Functions, e.g. credit control, reporting.
- Effectively collaborate with Finance teams based in GDS.
Skills and attributes for success:
Leadership and coaching
- Able to work in a self-sufficient manner, operating across multiple projects and priorities.
- A successful track record of implementing and leading key business change initiatives.
- Demonstrates ability to challenge assumptions and decisions in an appropriate manner.
- Able to embed ECS (Exceptional Client Service): proactive, insightful and connected.
- Focused on analysis and advice to drive continuous improvement of financial performance.
- Drives interactions that build trust and manages expectations with all stakeholders.
- Collaborates and teams with Finance and other functions to enhance client service and to leverage leading practices.
Analysis modelling and advice
- Forms and communicates a clear and concise view of financial performance.
- Has a deep understanding of the drivers of financial performance and applies constantly to analyse and advise on progress against targets.
- Synthesizes and communicates detailed financial information in support of effective decision making.
- Able to analyse large volumes of data and identify financial opportunity and risk.
- Utilises sound financial practices and seeks leading practices to support operational excellence.
- Must be an analytical thinker, comfortable taking initiative in situations where thought leadership is either absent or unclear.
Understanding of the business
- Understands NextWave strategy and has a working knowledge of EY capabilities and services.
- Demonstrates exceptional commercial awareness with respect to EY's position and ambitions in the marketplace will make a valued leader.
- Demonstrates appreciation and respect of varying cultures – both corporate and geographical.
What we look for:
- Professional, confident, credible communicator, including the ability to connect with a group.
- High personal resilience. Robust and calm under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Confident explaining complex financial issues to senior management.
- Able to express opinions on issues and adherence to policies.
- Able to lead, manage, coach and motivate a small team.
- Able to manipulate, analyse and interpret data from a variety of sources.
- Able to demonstrate project management experience/skills.
- Working experience of advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Power BI.
- Preferably a qualified accountant (e.g. CIMA, ACCA) with a strong track record of financial management and controls, ideally in a professional services firm.