Associate Accountant, Financial Control
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Under direct supervision and following prescribed procedures, responsible for assisting in the day-to-day maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and in preparing basic financial reports. Works to understand and apply processes used by the Corporate Controllers Group when completing tasks and is eager to learn through ¿hands on¿ job training and coaching from other experienced team members.
- Responsible for the preparation of daily financial reports required for Regulatory and Trust reporting involving basic supporting calculation and documentation.
- Analyzes and performs maintenance to the General Ledger system on a routine basis such as posting entries, clearing reject items, etc.
- Perform routine account reconciliations and resolve most issues.
- Resolve routine processing problems.
- Attends meetings with various internal and external partners and develops or builds a rapport with them.
- Assists in the completion of special projects or routine research as required.
- Work with various internal and external partners.
- Basic knowledge of accounting functions and related concept
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Bachelor's degree in the Accounting field is required
- Proficiency in MS office applications such as Excel and Word
- 0-2 years of related work experience and completion of a degree/Accounting program
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.