Billing Specialist - Global Fee Mgmt
As part of the Global Fee Billing Team, the Specialist role serves as an extension of the Fee Leadership Team as well as one of the primary contacts for all invoicing and fee related setups and inquiries from Client Services Group. The Specialist must also adhere to the compliance guidelines and internal auditing requirements of the Bank and assist the Fee Leadership Team with ensuring best practices are being followed. Under general direction, the Specialist may also be responsible for performing a variety of moderately complex accounting and analytical duties. Additionally, the Specialist is expected to accurately and efficiently process complex invoices, fee setups, revisions, recalculations and submit to Client Servicing for approval and Fee Management Team as required. The incumbent must also demonstrate a firm understanding of invoicing and fee setup processes as well as the financial risk associated with each task. It’s also expected for the Specialist to demonstrate the ability to understand and assist with the resolution of complex requests related to all components of invoicing and fee setup process as well as facilitate conference calls to better understand direction from our front office partners.
- Perform and produce invoices, fee setups, analysis and calculations for ORMB clients.
- Cross train on multiple segments to build well-rounded experience.
- Assist with the cross-training and development of new fee analysts.
- Proactively monitor fee information on reports for errors with calculations, input, and variances in fees for assigned accounts from one period to another.
- Resolve complex client/partner fee related inquiries in a timely manner.
- Prioritize daily tasks to ensure productivity, accuracy and timeliness expectations are met in accordance to the established guidelines of the division. Tracked via Scorecard.
- Assist with internal & external auditors and other operational areas to provide analytical and procedural expertise.
- Communicate and escalate potential billing issues to Fee Management/Leadership Team as required.
- May perform various analysis required to assess the financial position and operational results of the organization.
- Research moderately complex accounting transactions and reporting issues with some guidance from the subject matter expert.
- Additional invoicing tasks for other segments may be required and must be maintained according to Service Descriptions.
Training: Assist with training and cross-training new and existing team members to ensure full understanding of all fee processes from end to end. Each analyst should understand at some point how all accounts operate vanilla/complex so as to jump in during extended leaves 5+ days
The incumbent must have a Bachelor’s degree or demonstrate sound business and organizational knowledge acquired through 2-3 years of work related billing experience. Strong communication (verbal & written), attention to detail (accuracy), ability to multi-task and prioritize work, time management, analytical, organizational and mathematical skills are required. Proficiency with Excel is also required.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally.With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.