Finance Assistant Manager - London
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy - and the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. That’s why we're so committed to helping our clients, and our people to succeed. As part of our Audit team, you'll receive the support you need to reach your potential. From completing professional qualifications to developing new skills and exploring different learning opportunities, you’ll join a friendly and diverse team whose work really matters. Use your skills to build a career in Audit at BDO.
We’ll help you succeed
You will report to the LAG Senior Finance Manger supporting the London Audit Group, the audit stream’s biggest SBU in its financial matters. You will assist and support the Senior Finance Manager in managing the financial performance of the group on strategic issues on a day-to-day basis, as well as providing relevant support, advice and guidance to the overall team within the business unit on financial matters.
- Report financial performance measures to the business, driving standardisation of MI and preparation of monthly packs across the sectors
- Monthly financial analysis and reporting to the sector leaders and Head of LAG to enable informed planning and decision making
- Working Capital management for LAG – ensuring that bills, recoveries and cash collections are managed effectively and efficiently; challenging performance in these areas where required and agreeing appropriate action to take when issues arise.
- Approve Accounts Payable Invoices for LAG and building a framework for monitoring of key expenditure lines
- Assist with the quarterly forecast process for the group, this responsibility will grow with every iteration of the forecast
- Monitor performance against budget in conjunction with the finance manager and providing insight to trends with timely identification of causes of risks/problems with prompt suggestion for relevant actions, particularly including revenue, recoverability, staff utilisation, work in progress, debt.
Manage a regular flow of tasks required to make the finance process run smoothly.
- Support the Senior Finance Manager and Head of London Audit to ensure there remains a consistent approach in the London Audit Sector groups and making suggestions for how processes and procedures can be improved.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Analytical skills
- Strong operational skills
- Strong Microsoft skills, particularly in Excel
- Experience of using Microsoft PowerBI desirable but not essential
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA finalist/ newly qualified
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
We can provide the best support for our clients and people when we’re working side by side. Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for our clients and satisfying experiences at work, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,500 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.