Senior Analyst, Regional Payroll Operations
Get to know the Team:
We are a small but mighty and collaborative team whose mandate is to build a forward looking and future ready people function at Grab. We are also a relatively new team that is looking to punch above its weight and create a positive impact quickly while having fun. We work towards the mission “To drive operations excellence and process improvement across the People Operations organization to ensure we are scaling processes consistently to deliver a best in class Grabber experience in a compliant manner.”
Get to know the Role:
The Regional Payroll Operations Senior Analyst is an exciting role that sits under the Finance SSC, whose mandate is to ensure that we scale our processes and employee experiences as we grow the company.
The day-to-day activities:
- Perform regional payroll processing and ensure legislative compliance to local labor laws and statutory requirements.
- Ensure timely and accurate salary & income tax calculation & payment by working closely with the in-country payroll vendor. Perform payroll reconciliation
- Prepare payroll accrual and funding request
- Support regional payroll projects to enhance payroll service delivery and improve employee experience.
- Have the ability to own and complete complex and sensitive projects as needed and see innovative ways to improve payroll processes and procedures.
- Comply with internal controls and support audit requirements
- Find better ways of refining processes and ensure that this is seamless for employees
- Conduct employee education sessions on payroll process, to ensure they have the information they need
- Support monthly government statutory contribution remittance and year end tax filing for employees
- Effectively manage payroll timeline and strict adherence to the set service level agreement with the payroll vendor
- Measure productivity and payroll accuracy through a defined process metrics
- Engage with the Country People Operations team to provide support in all payroll related matters including proper handling of escalations and propose solutions to complex payroll matters
- Support local finance team on the payroll ledger reconciliation and government statutory exercise
The must haves:
- At least 5 - 7 years of experience in regional payroll operations
- Strong knowledge of statutory regulations, deductions and tax policy
- Hands-on functional knowledge in managing payroll
- Experience in managing high volume payroll transactions
- Ability to analyze complex payroll situations and propose recommendations
- Strong knowledge of local employment regulations and government statutory guidelines for all Grab countries.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work collaboratively across teams and payroll vendors
- Detail oriented and ability to prioritize tasks
- Demonstrate good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Bias for action
- Able to adapt to fast-paced and dynamic working environment
- Strong proficiency in MS Office particularly Excel
- Knowledge in HR System (Workday)
- Strong knack for Data Management
- Personal Contributor
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.