Finance Apprentice - Monzo Bank Limited
Monzo are looking for their next generation of Accountants to join them on their Apprenticeship programme. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to help build the bank of the future.
At Monzo, we're building a bank that is fair, transparent and a delight to use. We’re growing extremely fast and have over four and half million customers in the UK, with over 100,000 new people joining every month. We’ve built a product that people love and more than 80% of our growth comes from word of mouth and referrals.
As an Accounting Apprentice you will be given the unique opportunity to experience five different roles as part of the rotation experience within Monzo’s Finance Collective. The teams you will be part of are;
- The Finance Transformation Squad.
- The Regulatory Reporting Squad.
- The Financial Reporting and Operations Squad.
- The Financial Planning and Analysis Squad.
- The Investor Relations and Fundraising Squad.
Each of the squads has a different role and this exposure will allow you be fully immersed in the Monzo Finance Collective. You will have the opportunity to be involved challenging and exciting jobs such as;
- Project Management of Finance initiatives. Examples include process improvement, cost efficiency and system implementations.
- Supporting the Finance Transformation Programme Managers with strategic initiatives e.g. status updating, governance meetings, tracking of project plans, key risks etc.
- Support on progress tracking of Finance Goals, including status, achievements and changes.
- Coordination of Senior Leadership governance; key management information, status reporting etc.
- Supporting the production of regular reporting to our regulators.
- Improving the efficiency and automation of reporting and the supporting processes.
- Maintaining regulatory interpretations and implementing new/ changing regulations into our reporting.
- Design data solutions to regulatory problems and work with the finance data team to turn into reality.
- Supporting the Accounts Payable team.
- Providing analysis and reporting over our employee expenses, validating tax and VAT out comers.
- Assisting with preparation of journals and entries to support the month end financial close.
- Helping to monitor and improve our controls environment.
- Helping to drive process improvements and automation.
- Supporting the analysis required to enable more effective monitoring of actual costs to budgets.
- Prepare weekly posts on financial performance for Exco.
- Support the production of monthly Performance Report & drafting of CFO Summary for board.
- Support the budgeting and forecasting quarterly cycles.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Support on creating investor pitch decks and Key Performance Indicator (’KPI’) cheat sheets for executives ahead of investor calls.
- Support the production of regular reporting to our investors.
- Conduct deep dive competitive analysis on neobanks and high street banks to improve our competitive positioning.
- Improve the efficiency and automation of Investor Relations reporting and communication, working with the finance data team to bring these solutions to life.