We are currently supporting our client, Nicola Harding & Co, with their recruitment of new a Finance Assistant to join their close-knit, supportive team based out of their studio in Queens Park.
Nicola Harding & Co are an award winning and internationally recognised design practice specialising in commercial and residential projects. They create comfortable and atmospheric spaces that truly reflect and perfectly fit the people who use them, while at all times maintaining committed to sustainability and ensuring sustainable options are explored and implemented at every stage of each project.
This role will report to the Finance Manager and will be integral in supporting with a variety of accounting and financial matters to ensure the businesses financial health.
The individual ideally will have experience of working within an internal finance role, as well as possessing a meticulous attention to detail, excellent IT skills and strong knowledge of accounting systems and software.
The responsibilities and duties of the Finance Assistant role will include;
- Daily reconciliation of the bank accounts
- Raising design fee invoices
- Keeping the supplier/customer accounts tidy in Xero
- Assisting the finance manager with the monthly management reporting
- Processing supplier invoices on a weekly basis
- Preparing the payment run
- Chasing customers for overdue invoices and ensuring cash is coming in as per the due date.
- Assisting with the monthly cashflow forecast
- Building relationship with customers and suppliers
- Managing the Fixed asset register and updating monthly with any new additions.
- Any other ad hoc activities
- Previous experience within a Finance role
- Experience of working within an owner managed business
- Proficient with IT and software, including Xero
- Good communicative skills
- Team player
- Commercial awareness
In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as flexible working opportunities and a supportive, nurturing environment within a growing, sustainability conscious company.
Please apply or contact Ryan Ellis at to find out more.