Corporate Tax Senior Manager - Financial Services - Edinburgh / Leeds / Manchester
Edinburgh, Leeds or Manchester.
EY’s Financial Services (FS) Tax practice provides tax advisory, transactions and compliance services to a variety of clients in the Financial Services market ranging from some of the world's largest multinational institutions, corporations and funds. The Global Compliance Reporting team continues to experience growth due to strong client demand.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Senior Manager to help develop our Financial Services team across National Markets.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager, you will play a major role in delivering tax audit work but will also be involved in a diverse mix of other work across our network.A significant part of the role will focus on supporting the partner group with building out the practice, building strong client relationships within the current and target client base. Working in practice means that the job is, by its nature, different every day and we want someone who is actively looking for this challenge. An agile approach to working with different projects and people is therefore essential.
Skills and attributes for success
- Managing the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and a practical/business driven approach;
- Managing the end to end process for the clients in your portfolio, which will include opportunity identification right through to delivery;
- Being the day to day contact for the clients in your portfolio;
- Working with a wide range of individuals, both internal and external, from across the globe;
- Providing insightful, advice to clients on a range of tax issues;
- Ensuring a high level of client service;
- Identifying opportunities; and
- Assisting in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contributing to winning new clients.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- An enthusiastic attitude and flexible approach to work;
- A focus on quality;
- ACA / ACCA / CA / CTA / law or equivalent qualification (or breadth of knowledge equivalent);
- A thorough understanding of UK corporation tax issues;
- Experience of working in a compliance and reporting environment, either within practice or industry;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with current and potential clients;
- Project management experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving;
- A commitment to deliver results;
- Experience in a FS tax environment
- A desire to take on responsibility; and
- The ability to motivate a team; manage, mentor and train junior staff and work with people from across the business
What we look for
We are looking for ambitious, driven accounting professionals who want a challenging and stimulating career. For further information please visit our careers microsite here.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Visit our careers microsite for more information
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.