Senior Manager - Financial Reporting Group (FRG)
Manager/Senior Manager – Financial Reporting Group – Financial Services
Due to the continued growth in our Finance Services Assurance practice, we are looking to build our own Financial Reporting Group. As a Manager/Senior Manager, you will play a key role in this group. You will be provided with ongoing professional development through continued trainings and coaching, and diverse experiences in various sectors within Financial Services such as banking, insurance, aviation finance, general finance, asset management and structured finance.
Your key responsibilities
You will be involved in the following:
- Perform pre-issuance reviews of the financial statements of listed financial services audit clients
- Perform reviews of technical accounting (IFRS and Irish GAAP) opinions and consultations for financial services audit clients
- Provide advice and support to audit teams handling financial services audit clients in relation to IFRS and Irish GAAP technical accounting matters/issues
- Develop and deliver technical accounting trainings with special focus on banking, insurance, asset management, general finance, aviation finance and structured finance
- Continuous research and development in IFRS and Irish GAAP including involvement in the firm’s Technical Accounting Subject Matter Groups
- Coach and develop teams in technical accounting matters
Skills and attributes for success
- Demonstrating critical thinking and ability to work in a multi-tasking and results-oriented working environment with keen attention to high quality and details
- Building relationships with partners, senior managers and managers within the Financial Services Assurance practice that lead to team oriented working environment with open communications and sharing of information
- Demonstrating positive attitude, professionalism, teamwork, project management skills, high level of self-motivation and desire to exceed expectations
- Using technology to continually enhance service delivery and improve our products and processes
To qualify for the role you must have
- ICAI/ACCA/CPA or equivalent international qualification
- Minimum of 5 years assurance experience gained in Big 4 practice specifically in financial services such as banking, insurance, aviation finance, general finance, asset management and/or structured finance
- Extensive International Financial Reporting Standards experience
- Experience in facilitating/presenting to audit teams and clients
- Experience in writing consultations, discussion papers and technical accounting opinions
- Dedicated to teamwork and leadership
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Irish and UK GAAP and Irish Company Law
- Ability to identify technical accounting problem areas and to research and recommend technical accounting solutions
What we look for
We are looking for someone who has a wide breadth of knowledge and experience, and can work well within a team and on their own. Someone who enjoys a challenge and looks to take on responsibility and accountability.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2022a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.