Fund Expense Oversight Manager (18-month FTC)
SSGA’s Global Funds Management (“GFM”) team drives sound fund oversight programs across SSGA’s funds and services. Newly established GFM’s Fund Expense Oversight Centre of Excellence is looking for Fund Expense Oversight Manager who will act as a Subject Matter Experts (“SMEs”) and take ownership of a variety of fund expense activities. The team that you will be joining oversees funds registered in multiple EMEA and North America countries with diverse fund and umbrella structures.
Please note that this will a 18-month fixed-term contract (FTC) role. As Fund Expense Oversight Manager, you will:
- Oversee and analyze fund expenses, accruals and budgets.
- Liaise with vendors, regulators and other parties to ensure expenses charged to the funds are correct.
- Approve invoice payments based on Fee Schedules and other agreements with the vendors.
- Own resolution of issues related with payments processing
- Ensure accruals and payments are processed accurately and in a timely manner by corporate teams and service providers.
- Ensure SSGA fund expense records are accurate and up to date.
- Review and approve funds TERs and other expense reports delivered by service providers.
- Act as an Expense Expert for queries received from SSGA departments, clients and third parties.
- Drive process automation.
- Support standardization and improved efficiency of governance structure over fund expenses.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Excellent attention to details.
- Focus on continuous process improvement, procedure writing and risk mitigation.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and prioritize.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 5-7 years of experience in financial services.
- Mutual Fund, Cash Fund, ETF, UCITS, SICAV experience a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field.
- Computer proficient especially with advanced Excel features.
- Proficient in English language.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate opinions clearly and efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.