Financial Reporting Manager (Hybrid Role)
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
State Street Ireland has been established in Ireland since 1996, providing a range of financial services, including investment servicing, investment research and trading, investment management. We are undoubtedly the #1 provider of administration, custody, and transfer agency services (37% market share), with some of the largest global asset managers in the world as clients.
Business Line Information
As a core member of our Financial Reporting team, you will be working with a team of dedicated financial reporting professionals to deliver high quality financial statements for complex fund structures that our clients can depend upon.
Purpose of Role:
The Financial Reporting manager is responsible for managing the preparation, production, review and dissemination of the audited annual and interim financial statements. Ensuring a quality financial statement product is produced in compliance with the relevant GAAP and regulation. The role will involve building strong relationships across functions internally and directly with clients, auditors and regulators.
- Relationship Building - Manage and develop relationships with clients, counterparties and other external parties. You will act as a State Street representative to our clients.
- Client focus - Ability to manage client's expectations and deal with their queries. Lead and participate in the ongoing transformational change in Financial Reporting across Ireland and broader regions.
- Manage the financial reporting process for your assigned clients from planning, financial statement oversight and review, audit management & oversight, financial statement comment review and processing, board approval and filing.
- Manage the preparation of the audited annual and interim financial statements with the outsourced service provider in accordance with standard operating procedure, relevant working guides, in compliance with relevant accounting standards and the relevant regulatory disclosure requirements.
- Review and update department Operational processes, to ensure controls remain effective and account for dynamic changes in client requirements, mitigating operational risk wherever possible.
Level of Education/ Specific Qualifications:
A qualified accountant (eg. ACA, ACCA, CPA, or international equivalent) having 3+ years in an audit / accounting role.
Skills and Experience:
- Sound knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS, Irish GAAP in particular).
- Ability to multi-task and be comfortable with managing difficult situations as they arise.
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, auditors at all levels.
- Experience of working to deadlines.
- Self-motivated and ability to work within a team
- Proactive approach and willingness to continuously strive to learn and develop.
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and careful attention to detail are essential.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and effectively prioritize.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a dynamic team environment.
- Willingness to learn.
- Eligible for 2 year visa sponsorship if a non-EU national.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.