Senior Accountant, Assurance & Accounting - Indigenous Services
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Assurance and Accounting team as a Senior Accountant, Indigenous Services in Timmins, ON. This diverse team of professionals works with more than 250 Indigenous peoples, groups and organizations across Canada and shares a passion for learning and understanding their history, culture and contributions to our country. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide expertise to empower Indigenous communities, organizations, businesses and individuals in navigating a dynamic social, political and economic environment. This is a hybrid position with regular travel to various First Nations communities.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Lead client facing engagement teams to complete audits, compliance tax engagements, budgeting, internal controls and financial/accounting transactions
- Deliver industry and technical expertise in audit and assurance through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and high-quality deliverables
- Manage a portfolio of clients while understanding their business, key risks and ways to deliver added value; ensure clients’ needs are met and relationships and accounts grow and develop
- Accountable for engagement planning and scheduling as well as project financials (i.e., budgets, WIPS, timely billing, collection, variance recognition, etc.)
- Maintain quality control and apply specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify, and address issues related to the clients business, financial entries and reports
- Network in the local business community, consider business development opportunities and contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and conducting performance reviews
- Maintain flexibility to travel and to attend community events outside of regular office hours, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- CPA designation is considered an asset
- 2 to 4 years of relevant public accounting experience is considered an asset
- Experience working with First Nations Communities is considered an asset
- Experience working with accounting and tax software
- Understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.