Fund Accounting - Associate 2
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $33.99 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.81 trillion* in assets under management as of September 30, 2018, State Street operates in more than 100 geographic markets worldwide, including the US, Canada, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. For more information, visit State Street’s website at www.statestreet.com.
*This figure is presented as of September 30, 2018 and includes approximately $28 billion of assets with respect to SPDR products for which State Street Global Advisors Funds Distributors, LLC (SSGA FD) acts solely as the marketing agent. SSGA FD and State Street Global Advisors are affiliated.
Undertake the following, with a goal of 100% accuracy, timeliness and completeness:
- Calculate and validate a daily and/or weekly and/or monthly Net Asset Value (NAV) for your assigned funds
- Assist and train others in your team with their NAV calculation and problem resolution
- Design and implement operational efficiencies
- Reconcile cash daily (no unresolved discrepancies)
- Reconcile portfolio positions daily (including equities, bonds, swaps, options, foreign exchange, futures and other evolving derivative instruments)
- Accrue income and expenses daily
- Analyze and validate traders' profit and loss statement daily
- Analyze and validate position market values daily
- Post accounting entries to the general ledger daily
- Review and validate the partner/shareholder allocation calculations, including management and incentive fee calculations
- Research and resolve differences between accounting and trade entry systems daily
- Minimum of 2+ years of Fund Accounting experience
- Knowledge of securities language and legal requirements.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Some understanding of operational functions within Hedge / Mutual Fund Accounting.
- Novice to Competent with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with a focus in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Technical or related field preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word)
- Location: Hyderabad & Bangalore – Multiple shifts
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal planning, and analytical skills
- Deadline and detail oriented
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.