Head, Country Controllership
Life at Grab
At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles - the 4Hs: Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
Get to know the role
- To partner with cross-functional teams throughout our Philippines business and regional and corporate teams, to develop best practices, optimize the launching of new products business initiatives, while maintaining strong compliance and internal controls
- To act as finance business partner to support country operations and regional projects
- To seek out improvements in finance and accounting processes, focusing on strengthening of internal controls, efficiencies and automation
- To oversee and optimize the company’s financial close, focusing on enhanced analytics and reporting and building and maintaining SOX controls.
- To mentor, coach and supervise the finance team, building a high-performing team that supports public company and local statutory reporting
The Day-to-Day Activities
- Weekly cashflow forecast & working capital monitoring
- Monthly financial close
- Tax reviews and submissions
- Statutory filing
- Development, documentation and maintenance of key controls for the company’s SOX program
- Regional finance projects
- Monitor automated transactions and system generated reports
- Review key reconciliations, journal vouchers and others financial schedules
- Perform analytical review over accounts, including Country financial performance and position (Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cashflows), period over period, actual vs budget.
- Ensure compliance of accounting policies, tax regulations and other company policies
- Respond and support queries from regional teams and other functions to support business growth and development
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, local authorities where necessary.
- Closely work with other departments, guide them in terms of accounting, tax related matters in order to aim common goals.
- Coach and review team members’ work and build a strong team with 4Hs (Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility) core values.
- Collaborate with regional teams and provide required engagement and support
- Facilitate business partner engagement (e.g. vendors, banks, customers)
- Facilitate finance and accounting operation by actively engaging with local and regional finance team resources and monitoring finance operations
- Ensure that all financial transactions are complied with company policies.
- Continuously review, revise and build clear and necessary processes in place for related accounting and tax matters.
- Work closely with FP&A team to support the budgeted P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflows
- Perform P&L variance analysis between actual vs budget/ projection for certain business verticals
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting CPA/ ACCA (optional but preferable)
- At least 10-year total working experience, including online business, online payment, financial service, food delivery, express experience is a plus
- 5-year experience in finance and accounting and related field and from International (“Big 4”) accounting firms experience is an added advantage
- Philippines FRS
- General knowledge of Philippines tax revenue legislations
- General knowledge of IFRS
- Good track record in dealing with internal/ external auditors
- Effective communication and relationship builder. Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to manage senior stakeholders including Country Heads/ leaders and other senior stakeholders.
- Excellent people management skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.