Manager, Transaction Accounting Advisory Services (TAAS)
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare documentation for clients
- Identify accounting issues within contracts and agreements
- Lead multiple client facing engagement teams
- Deliver expert industry and technical expertise in audit and assurance through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and the creation of high quality deliverables
- Accountable for project financials (i.e., budgets, WIPS, timely billing, collection and variance recognition)
- Manage a portfolio of clients while understanding their business and key risks; ensure their needs are met and that relationships and accounts grow and develop
- Execute transactions through the provision of client services including planning, budgeting, scheduling and coordinating engagements
- Review, investigate and correct discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries and reports
- Contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs
- Identify ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value
- Maintain high quality control by reviewing work done from other team members for accuracy and completeness; provide feedback to team members
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary; advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies, where applicable
- Leverage team appropriately to ensure proper documentation is prepared for the client and procedures relating to the file are followed accordingly
- Liaise and correspond professionally with clients, colleagues and the firm leadership team
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Raise awareness of MNP through discussions at community events including client and company sponsored functions
- Network in the local business community and consider business development opportunities
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches in order to improve work processes
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and addressing performance issues promptly
- Promote regular attendance, balanced lifestyle and high standard of team wellness
- Conduct formal, written annual performance reviews
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- 4 to 5 years of relevant work experience in public accounting
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience working with, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Experience in the design of engagement procedures based on risk and materiality
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.