Treasury Capital Management and Planning Director (AVP)
- Dynamic role within the Finance division in one of the world's top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business
- Open minded, collaborative and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- Continued professional career development based on your career interests
- Opportunity to work with high performing teams across Morgan Stanley
- Competitive salary and benefits package with eligibility for annual bonus
- Assist in the capital management of Morgan Stanley European entities to ensure they meet regulatory and internal capital requirements
- Identify and implement process enhancements and automation efforts within the Capital Planning and Management area working with broader Finance, Risk and Technology
- Develop and execute capital optimisation projects including capital allocation, non-equity economic capital instruments and legal entity capital structures
- Prepare and review capital related materials for key governance forums and regulatory forums
- Project manage ICAAP/ICARAs for various EMEA regulated entities
- Undertake capital analysis for UK and European entities including setting of targets and limits and subsidiary double leverage
- Lead on strategic Treasury projects such as dividends, infusions and restructuring activities
- Produce ad hoc materials in response to senior management and regulatory requests
- Prepare/update policies, procedures and regular reporting
- Build a close working relationship with other groups within Corporate Treasury, as well as across BU, Finance, Legal, Operations etc.
Corporate Treasury provides corporate finance advisory service to senior management and internal business units. It also optimizes the Firm?s liquidity and capital base, manages the Firm?s foreign exchange and interest rate exposure, and coordinates relationships with regulators, rating agencies, and creditors.
As a member of Corporate Treasury, you will be supporting Treasury activities across the EMEA region. The role is based in London however will involve working closely with teams across Europe and in New York. In particular, you will have regular and direct interactions with the Global Treasury team, Global Capital Planning team, Risk, Operations, other Finance Groups, IT and the Business Units.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects individuality.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals.Qualifications
- Good working knowledge of Corporate Treasury, in particular capital, understanding of liquidity and funding risk also advantageous
- Understanding of regulatory requirements in regards to Treasury and capital management activities
- Good project management skills and ability to pick up new topics quickly on the job
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, including ability to summarize complex business problems and detailed analysis with clarity and brevity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for interaction with teams across both local offices and globally
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, high-energy level environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products is required, particular focus on Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with implementation of complex financial models in a strategic IT environment is required
- Aptitude for detail and a strong commitment to accuracy
- Degree qualification or equivalent
- Post graduate qualification / studying towards: ACT, CFA, ACA, MBA or equivalent beneficial.