Liquidity Management Leader, Vice President
Who we are looking for
As part of Global Liquidity Management (GLM), the candidate will assume an important role within the Liquidity Stress Testing team, driving development of liquidity stress testing methodologies under various stress scenarios. This includes collaboration with subject matter experts in the business lines, defining scenario narratives and macroeconomic factors, and developing a methodology that tests the liquidity risks associated with each business. Furthermore, the candidate will lead efforts of reporting liquidity position results to management and the regulators, as well as lead the work to develop technical documentation for various governance bodies. Moreover, the candidate will regularly collaborate with State Street’s senior leaders across corporate and business functions to make recommendations on the liquidity methodology to management. She or he is expected to work closely with all internal stakeholders and team members to expand and improve upon coordination, communication, methodology, and reporting across Global Liquidity Management.
More broadly, Global Liquidity Management is part of the Global Treasury organization with responsibility in managing the firm’s liquidity risk. A primary focus of GLM is to analyze, measure, and report on the liquidity position and liquidity risk profile in order to ensure that State Street and its international entities can meet all contractual and contingent financial obligations through typical market cycles as well as periods of stress. Through meaningful, timely, transparent, multidimensional and globally harmonized measures, GLM provides key stakeholders the necessary transparency and understanding of the liquidity position, its risks and how liquidity can be affected and influenced.
Why this role is important to us
You will play a leading role on a team that is highly important to the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. The Liquidity Stress Testing team’s responsibility is to identify liquidity risks, thoroughly model potential stresses and advise management on business and Treasury strategy. Furthermore, the team is responsible for demonstrating our strong risk management practices to global regulators. Key stakeholders reliant upon the team’s work and guidance are the Global Treasurer, the Chief Financial Officer and heads of business lines. The team works on design and implementation of innovative and cutting-edge risk management practices and solutions in support of State Street’s business strategy. As an integral part of this close team, you will lead several aspects of the team’s work with specialization as a subject matter expert and with deep focus on a select set of critical products and business lines.
What you will be responsible for
As a Liquidity Management Leader, you will:
- Leading the development of liquidity methodologies for products in select business lines, while effectively collaborating with senior leadership, central quantitative analytics, and other key stakeholders
- Oversee the maintenance and enhancements to the liquidity stress test methodologies, including documentation for Model Validation, Audit, and Resolution and Recovery Plan submissions
- Articulate the drivers of the liquidity stress test drivers to senior stakeholder in management and at regulatory bodies; proactively identify future enhancements to liquidity methodology
- Manage coordination of corporate-wide assumptions rollout to international colleagues, while demonstrating proficiency in the corporate model
- Lead coordination of methodology for implementation into Resolution and Recovery Planning exercises and serve as centralized coordination contact for Liquidity function
- Lead presentations of liquidity methodology and results to relevant working groups and senior management
- Provide high-level guidance and oversight to colleagues in the Bangalore office responsible for daily production of liquidity results
- Lead ad hoc assignments in support of liquidity management
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Effective communicator with a consultative style. Being a trusted advisor
- Ability to deliver compelling rationale, convince stakeholders and achieve consensus
- Strong critical thinker with the ability to take complex information and clearly articulate it to management
- Independent worker that takes ownership of responsibilities and holds their work to a higher standard
- Team management skills, delegation and motivational attitude are essential to success
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BA/BS degree in a related field (Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, Information Systems)
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in the financial services industry, including financial forecasting or modelling
- Knowledge of financial markets and the banking regulatory environment
- Demonstrated track record of financial analytics, modelling and quantitatively supporting management decision-making
- Strong written, verbal communication and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities, delegate team tasks while maintaining focus on priorities and meet deadlines in a demanding and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to proactively resolve issues by working with other teams
- Experience in preparing presentations for executive management and regulators
- Must be detail-oriented, well-organized, innovative, and a self-starter and team player with a high level of initiative
- Advanced Excel and Power Point skills
- Familiarity with banking or business intelligence tools a plus (e.g., Spotfire, Python)
- Basic knowledge in programming or experience with collaborating with programmers – especially experience with clear definition of implementation requirements
About State Street
What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.