MY - Tax Assistant / Senior, Indirect Tax
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
Deloitte's Tax Services help companies and individuals manage their tax costs and obligations effectively, especially in the area of cross-border tax matters. Leveraging on Deloitte's global resources and reach, our Tax professionals keep clients abreast of developments that have tax implications and advise them in structuring investments, merger and acquisitions, transfer pricing, tax planning and compliance.
For its Indirect Tax service line, Deloitte Tax Services is keen on recruiting candidates who are willing to fit into the roles outlined below and have the requisite qualification and acumen to assume responsibilities attached to the job.
- Perform indirect tax compliance services for clients engagements in varied industries
- Utilize tax software to prepare and process returns
- Conduct compliance and reporting, tax management, risk and control assessment
- Research and consult on various tax matters
- Contact clients and officers from Inland Revenue Board, Ministry of Finance and other government agencies
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Senior Associates across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the expectations set and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping own performance on track.
- Understand how our daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills, with stakeholders, clients and team.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
- Possess minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in related disciplines such as Accounting & Finance/Economics or Law
- Candidates with 3-4 years of tax compliance work will have an added advantage
- Strong proficiency in both written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Active participant in career development and training processes
- Teamwork – strong ability to work with others and share responsibilities
- Solid ability to prioritize and organize workload
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.