Fund Accounting & Administration, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
This senior position is within the Private Equity Fund Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Solutions Group. Under the supervision of Fund Accounting Officer, the Senior Associate will engage in various projects, specific analyses and initiatives related to technical aspects of the business. We are searching for someone who will provide technical support to Fund Accounting Officer and teams to ensure all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Alternative Investment Solutions, a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Associate you will
- Manage day-to-day communications with contacts of several clients, including investment professionals, client personnel, investors, attorneys, auditors, bankers, etc
- Coordinate discussion and documentation of portfolio investment valuations with clients, as necessary
- Full preparation of accounting and tax work paper packages, financial statements and other reports and communications for one or more clients
- Provide requested information for annual audit and tax return preparation with Big 4 accounting firms, as necessary
- Good understanding of investment fund legal documents, including good understanding of partnership allocations and distribution waterfalls
- Coordinate and liaise with other operating groups (investor communications, financial reporting, tax, etc) to ensure effective communication among operating groups
- Preparation and submission for review of transactions (money movement, trades, etc.) in accordance with established guidelines
- Ensure client deadlines are met, perform regulatory filings RCS, BCL, CSSF etc.
- Assist with execution and implementation of technical accounting pronouncements, as necessary
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals
- Demonstrate flexibility by supporting different client groups as well as contributing to a range of projects
- Provide timely and professional responses to all enquiries
What we value
- Experience in the private equity or real assets industry and financial reporting experience or relevant experience.
- Familiarity with the Luxembourg regulatory environment is desirable.
- Good time organizational skills in order to meet deadlines relating to projects and daily work
- Accuracy, good quality of work and attention to details
- Good communication skills
- Working experience in Luxembourg GAAP/IFRS/ US GAAP/ UK GAAP.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- College degree in accounting. Professional accounting qualification preferably ACA, ACCA
- Previous fund accounting experience.
- Previous auditing experience and / or coming directly from business.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent in English – any other major European languages are an advantage.