Financial Reporting Supervisor
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can.
Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Financial & Regulatory Reporting Supervisor
In this role you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day provision of financial reporting services of the Financial Reporting Department. Working closely with the Financial Reporting Team Leader you will allocate tasks and workload to the team members and ensure the timely and high-quality preparation of statutory annual and semi-annual financial statements.
- Primary degree in accounting/finance related discipline.
- 5 years experience in financial reporting, accountancy or audit.
- Knowledge of accounting standards. Professional accountancy qualification will be an asset (qualified or part qualified).
- Prior experience in managing a team.
- Prior experience in investment funds industry will be an asset.
- Fostering Team Spirit. Strong focus on mentoring and coaching team members.
- Creativity in developing solutions to meet client and control requirements.
- Strong reviewing skills.
- Proven ability to manage and complete a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Highly computer literate with strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Fluency in English essential and knowledge of German and/or French would be an asset.
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Various additional benefits including professional training and qualification support
- Subsidized cafeteria
- Contracts for an indefinite period of time with no probation period
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Management of preparation of annual and semi-annual financial statements of the investment funds under different accounting standards (Irish GAAP, IFRS, Luxembourg GAAP, US GAAP).
- Responsibility for communications to regulators, compliance and internal and external audit.
- Acting as a key client contact, ensuring timely and accurate responses to any client queries.
- Responsibility for coaching and developing team members.
- Providing appropriate feedback via periodic meetings and the firm’s performance appraisal process.
- Assisting in projects within Financial Reporting Department including standardization and workload optimization to improve the efficiency, quality and accuracy of deliverables.
- Keeping team-members informed of new industry developments relating to financial reporting disclosure requirements.