Budget Forecast Specialist - Gatwick
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Working with every department at BDO, our Finance team helps us meet relevant legal requirements that ensure our firm operates effectively in a tightly-regulated field. They implement strategies that help us innovate – like combining new technology with traditional financial processes to make us even more digital. As part of this friendly team, you’ll enjoy flexible hours and have opportunities to take responsibility for the delivery of quality work. With your colleagues behind you, you’ll embrace change, new ideas and have an impact on the future of our firm.
We’ll help you succeed
In this role you will be reporting to the Budget & Forecast Manager, the overall purpose of the role is to assist with the deliver of the firm’s Budget & Forecast process. As part of a wider FP&A team, the role will also get the opportunity to experience other areas of planning and reporting and ad-hoc projects including transformation. You’ll also:
- Assist in the development and enhance of Budget & Forecast models to ensure business units are able to complete plans in the most effective and efficient manner
- Develop financial models and other analytical tools that provide management with the instruments to interrogate the performance of the business
- Maintenance of forecasting reports to be used by Finance and central management team during the review process
- Facilitate training sessions for the wider business as needed to enhance knowledge in the use of the firm’s Budget & Forecast tools
- Provide high quality support to the business, handling and resolving complex finance related business queries
- Assist with the deployment of Workday Adaptive Planning; ensuring it is fit for purpose in regards to becoming the firm’s primary Budget & Forecast tool
- Ensure Workday Adaptive Planning security matrix is fit for purpose
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Workday Adaptive Planning experience
- Knowledge of Workday Financials or HCM is an advantage
- Strong business acumen; understands the key financial drivers and dynamics related to growth and an organisation’s revenue goals
- Effective financial analysis skills – a keen eye for detail, able to analyse and interpret data, evaluate data and make recommendations based on data and market trends
- Commitment to delivering exceptional client service to internal stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships quickly with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with multiple stakeholders at all levels, including leadership team and function leaders
- Experience of building Budget & Forecast models; ideally within the Financial Services sector
- Excellent organisation skills and multitasking abilities
- Advanced excel knowledge
- Competent managing own priorities and adhering to multiple, often conflicting, deadlines
- Experience of working within a professional services organisation an advantage
- Part-Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. You can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.