Accountant - R2R (18 month FTC)
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
The Accountant is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
• Prepare, reconcile and analyse the monthly management reports; Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet. Details include; reconciliations, accruals, allocations, revenue downloads, pre-payments, variance analysis, commentary
• Financial Analysis
• Perform Balance sheet reconciliations
• Financial Reporting and Analysis including, budget/forecasting, working capital, Group Finance reporting, supplementary packs and ad-hoc requests
• Publish financial results in the relevant finance systems
• Ensure communications are handled between the SSC, Group finance and the Business Teams
• To be involved with any acquisition integration/due diligence
• Working on projects within the SSC and department including key process testing & systems
• Assist in the accounting integration of new products into the SSC accounting structure and systems
Analyse and solve Adhoc problems using knowledge of business and systems
• Process intercompany transactions
• Tax & Compliance duties as required by your SSC
- Strong academic background, Accounting degree preferable
- Holding one of the following qualifications ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Good working knowledge and understanding of SSC processes and how these fit into the wider environment
- Good understanding of all R2R processes including best practice in R2R, people, processes and technology
- Ability to manage owe deadline and priorities, whilst delivering a high standard of work and supporting junior members when they require assistance.
- Evidence of making decisions at the right time based on the information available.
- Good presentation skills
Alongside a competitive salary, Informa also offers the following employee benefits:
- Season ticket loan & Cycle2work
- Money purchased pension scheme & life assurance
- Eye care and childcare vouchers
- 25 days annual holiday, increasing to 27 days after 2 years, plus an extra day off for your birthday and another for raising money for charity!
- Bonus leave for getting married and moving house
- Our Learning team supports year-round development, with face-to-face training, mentoring and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Informa's colleague Share Incentive Plan matches every share purchased with 2 free shares
- Informa offers a £250 Healthy Lifestyle subsidy to spend on fitness activities and classes
- You are given permission to take 4 days off per year to volunteer with an approved scheme
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.